Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit Of A Vent About Silly Leaving

Options
  • 24-07-2007 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

ok so i changed schools for my last year.......... no metioning of names....... but it would be one of the top schools. anyways really good year i improved alot and thought the exams about be plane sailing...had a family death on the monday of maths...... so it all went down from there....... there is no chance i'll get my points even with the allowence givin to me by the exam commission.... so all my hard work was for nothing and i'll be collegeless in september. there is no chance im repeating. life sucks sometimes... but hey such is life.... and my theory of the past 2years... i was simply not ment to do well in school my life has other plans for me.
    waste of time and money. and yeah GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok rant ok..... blah

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You could wait till you are over 23 and apply as a mature student.

Life can suck, but it depends on how you react to the sucky element.

There is ALWAYS another way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

if you don't get offered the course you want to do this time around just do the leaving cert again. don't have to do it in a private or grind school either. fate doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

fate doesn't exist.

For a while I used to conform to this theory, you know like in the matrix when Neo says he doesn't believe in fate because he doesn't like to think he's not in control of his own destiny.

Things like that, the family death, happen. Unfortunately it is a fact of life and one that we will all have to face someday. I can't imagine to understand your situation but I will say, try to be as optimistic as you can, don't drown yourself in pessimism. You never know, come 15th August you might just be opening up the points to your first choice. You just never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Fate is a load of bollox. If you want your college course, repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Peter Pan wrote:
    Anything is possible if you wish hard enough

QFT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

orly_owl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭angelicsaz

thanks guy really appricate it..... but im by no means being a pesimist. i was simply releasing some anger!!!
    i wont repeat...... the course i want is only really an extention of something im already doing now so it wont be the be all and end all of my life if i dont get it....

the irish secondary school system is a whole load of bolloxs is what i was really getting at...... 5/6 years hard work and it all comes downt to one day........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Well, for most it's more like half working for over 5 years and working hard for about 2/3 months.

The Leaving isn't the be all and end all of the irish education system, there's always another way.

(fate does exist by the way, if you view the world in entirely scientific, reductionist terms)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

JC 2K3 wrote:
    (fate does exist by the way, if you view the world in entirely scientific, reductionist terms)

Eh? Fates a load of bollox as far as I'm concerned
    (very off-topic, I'm well aware)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

JC 2K3 wrote:

Just because the world is deterministic does not mean that it is predetermined in the manner people claim when they believe in fate. Also since we cannot know the initial state of the world we cannot determine what will happen anyway.

• Advertisement

Well just because the outcome is random and we can't measure it it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Surely the claim 'outcome is random' completely contradicts your claim that fate exists?

No, because the outcome is predetermined, there is ultimately only one outcome, it's just what outcome that is which is random.

That was the most pointless post ever- there is only one outcome but what that is is random? And you claim that is fate?

Emm... yes...

Advertisement