Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriend wants a tattoo!

Options
  • 24-07-2007 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

My other half has been away on her sixth yr holiday in Malaga for a few weeks and is coming back in a few days and wants to get a tattoo on her foot to "mark" the occasion. A small tribal one i think!

Personally i don't like them but was wondering whats its like and is it safe. Don't want her coming back with a big swollen foot and ink then fading a few weeks later! :o

thx in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭McFearless

Shanegggg wrote:
    My other half has been away on her sixth yr holiday in Malaga for a few weeks and is coming back in a few days and wants to get a tattoo on her foot to "mark" the occasion. A small tribal one i think!

Personally i don't like them but was wondering whats its like and is it safe. Don't want her coming back with a big swollen foot and ink then fading a few weeks later! :o

thx in advance

Id say shes only saying that coz she's away,i reckon when she comes home she'l just forget about it!but anywho it is spose to be abit worse and awkward but then again i dont have a tattoo on my foot...yet!cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Shanegggg

Nah she really wants it and she can be pretty stubborn when she wants to be!! :rolleyes:

She's getting it done 2morro now neways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Well it's painful on the foot because the skin is thinner, but, other than that it's ok. If she wants to get one let her get one! My ex tried to stop me getting one and I just done it behind his back on holidays anyway.

If she gets it done by someone reputable and looks after it then it shouldn't swell and the ink definatly won't fade! It's supposed to scab, so don't get worried when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭McFearless

Come to think about it,my girlfriend recently came back from holidays and said she wanted to get one weird...only she hasnt gotten one yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

a good friend of mine associates tattoos with places/events.. so she'll make the effort to get it done while abroad as well. must be a thing, id never thought of it like that beofre,but must be a popular way of thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

The foot can be sore. I found getting inked on my right foot grand (I hurt less on that side anywho), but the one on my left was uncomfortable in places. Just kinda aggrivated me.

How did she get on?

Advertisement