Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance query

Options
  • 24-07-2007 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭

Right heres the story, got my first car during the week and I insured it online with Quinn direct. Got the insurance disc, etc in the post today, they are asking me for proof of my no claims bonus. So heres the simple question with Im sure a very simple answer, how do i get my no claims discount cert? I was a named driver on my dads car with Hibernian. Ive had my full licence two years and have been the named driver on that car for 3. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ring Hibernian and ask them for it. They'll post out a letter saying you were a named driver between x and y dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 nudelude

Do you get a no claims disount for being a named driver? You never used to. I see some companies advertising that they will give NCD against named drivers but I'm not sure about QD. Do as Stephen says though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

nudelude wrote:
    Do you get a no claims disount for being a named driver? You never used to. I see some companies advertising that they will give NCD against named drivers but I'm not sure about QD. Do as Stephen says though.
    Some companies do some don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭Trampas

NCB are suppose to be sent with your renewal notice every year.

Named drivers dont entitle you x years ncb. As said already some companies do and some dont. I think it really depends on the person on the phone and if they want the sale or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Quinn accept Named Driving experience, but if ya dont get the proof in, they will ring ya, then removed it charging ya more on your insurance, and if your paying by direct debit, that could be a hefty increase in the installments which ya gotta be careful with esp for any UK ppl out there. Cos with UK direct debits, if the instalment doesnt clear, ya will be charged anywhere between £28-35 bank charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Quinn accept Named Driving experience, but if ya dont get the proof in, they will ring ya, then removed it charging ya more on your insurance, and if your paying by direct debit, that could be a hefty increase in the installments which ya gotta be careful with esp for any UK ppl out there. Cos with UK direct debits, if the instalment doesnt clear, ya will be charged anywhere between £28-35 bank charges.
    Yeah when I was filling in the online form it has the no claims discount bit first then the named driver experience. It wont let you fill in both so I just filled in the no claims bonus part. I cant see anywhere on their site where it says you dont get a no claims discount being on a named driver policy, then again I dont see anywhere where it says you do either! Just reading the letter again and it says it needs the original no claims bonus and not a fax or photocopy, hopefully Hibernian can send that out to me and then we will see what Quinn say!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

Im_No_Superman: by the way you filled in the form you have no insurance. You are entitled to 0 no claims bonus. If Quinn or any other company want to give you a discount based on named driving experience thats fine. One thing you can be guaranteed though is that it will not be as big as a real NCB of the same length and if you claim at this time they will happily use your supply of incorrect information against you (they will probably say you lied about having a no claims bonus to get a lower quote) and refuse to pay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

More worringly they may cancel your insurance and post out a letter saying your insurace was canceled on date of postage, means you are driving without insurance. Ring them ASAP and explain that you filled the form in wrong and get your new quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Del2005 wrote:
    More worringly they may cancel your insurance and post out a letter saying your insurace was canceled on date of postage, means you are driving without insurance. Ring them ASAP and explain that you filled the form in wrong and get your new quote.
    I rang them this morning and they dont give no claims bonus for named drivers, they give the named driver experience discount instead. So they altered my policy and it increased by €70, which isnt too bad I suppose.

Advertisement