Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halifax - anyone opened an a/c?

Options
  • 24-07-2007 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

am considering this. But wary of early adoption!

*current account that is

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Bomany

My experience hasn't been great. Went to branch and filled all forms in on July 10th in order to switch. August 6th and still no sign of switch being done. So much for 10 days. Their switching operation is very poor. I finally rang them last week to find out what was going on. My forms had not been looked at. They didn't bother ringing me to explain they were snowed under. Poor start. I am going to go ahead with them because of the opening hours but they really need to improve customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I was very tempted to change to Halifax purely for the saturday opening. However I have not heard great things about their customer service so am holding fire for a while.

For the record I have no problem with my current bank (PTSB), its just that my company are moving ofice to the back of beyond and won't be able to get to the bank on weekdays if I have cheques or anything to lodge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I cant speak for the current account but any dealings I have had with Halifax(Bank of Scotland) would put me off using or recommending them tbh.

When BOS where in their infancy I tried in to open a saver account but was told to come back in two or three weeks, despite them actually opening an account for the person ahead of me in the queue there and then. I figure it was because I was a student.

I closed my saver account a few weeks ago and the guy who worked in the branch started an argument with me for passing up the opportunity to generate X amount of interest and wanted to know what I was doing with the money. I told him to mind his own business and to give me my ****ing money.

Three weeks after closing my account they still haven't sent me out a cheque. I rang to see what was the hold-up. I was told they were waiting to take the direct debit from my other bank that feeds my saver account. I was pissed off because once I closed my account three weeks ago they no longer had my permission to take money on direct debit, considering the previous months db had only gone through a couple of days before I closed the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 misterbyrne

Wow. I was thinking of switching, but I think I'll hold off. Aren't they supposed to be regulated? Can you lodge some sort of complaint with the regulator?

• Advertisement
Advertisement