Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Colin McRae Dirt..Funny

• 24-07-2007 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203362
    Subject: Problems with Colin McRae Dirt..Funny

I can only assume calling yourselves Codemasters was meant to be ironic
    I'm going to do my VERY best to be professional here...

One might think that after 20 some odd years in the I.T. industry... after working for the company that developed the operating system that controls the U.S. ballistic missile systems... after working for the only company in history that has EVER competed head to head with Microsoft that I would be competent enough to install a video game... apparently that is not so.

After dealing with morons all day that ask me stupid questions like "where is the ANY key" and "why doesn't my cup holder work any more" and "Where are you on that mission critical project we forgot to tell you about" (no I'm NOT kidding) it would be nice if I could take a break from trying to drink myself to death and perhaps relax and play a video game. Instead here I am not an hour after purchasing Dirt trying to figure out why, on my Dell XPS 600 with an nVidia SLI video sub-system game play looks like a collection of still photos while the audio races on in the background.

I'm about five minutes away from the point where I jam my screwdriver through the DVD an mail it to your CEO.

If you don't know how to write software for the PC then don't write software for the PC.

Thank you for ruining my weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Its actually a pretty bad game, I played it intensely for a few hours, then never went back, very arcadey shiny bells and whistles but the gameplay and realism suffer badly, and that American git in it, soo annoying.

If you do wanna try, maybe install the 1.1 patch, try a diff set of video drivers or just set all graphics to lowest and work from there, I am sure you've already tried most of these things though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭proteus

jonny72 wrote:
    I am sure you've already tried most of these things though.

I should clarify. I never bought the game merely tried the to install the demo without success. While looking at the Codemasters forum for help, I came across the above post from some other poor user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

It's a piece of junk. I had to play in 'safe mode'. Have you ever played a game with a 'safe mode'. It jammed my computer several times. When I did get it going it was all buy unplayable. Plus it also apparently has a piece of software which looks for pirate software which has been known to disable the CD drive.

Codemasters are a bunch of idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I bought it today, against my better judgement, as I have had issues with starforce games a couple of years ago and them messing up my DVD device settings.

Anyways I install it, patch it, go to run it and it says emulation detected and wont run. Needless to say, I have no emulators installed or any virtual drives.....in fact I only built this rig 2 weeks ago and it has very little installed on it.

So a big fecking round of applause for this POS I bought and cannot play. TBH it is frankly ridiculous that you can buy a game and the DRM prevent you from playing it for no reason.

So now I have the hassle of contacting them to find out the problem, and the burden to fix it is on me. Game will not accept returns games once opened. Its a real piss take all round.

Inqui

Advertisement