Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Euro-R or Civic type R

Options
  • 24-07-2007 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

I've recently been trying to get my hands on someone who can give me a price to get a Euro-R, I currently have a 07 Accord type S but being a few months on now I want a Euro-R.

I've seen some things about the JDM Civic type R and came across it in a link to actually get a 07 JDM Civic type R.

Of course I'd be trading my car for one of these just wondering what some of yer opinions might be and if you know of anyone trustworthy who can get me info/prices on an Accord Euro-R :)

http://honda2ltr.bebo.com (ignore my personal page just go to the pics, thats my car)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

is resale value or cost a major conideration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Agent7249

Well I dont plan on forkin out much more than 2-4 grand at most, milage on my yoke is still very low plus i would be trading mine against it haha im not loaded in money just figuring ways to get what I want :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Agent7249 wrote:
    Well I dont plan on forkin out much more than 2-4 grand at most, milage on my yoke is still very low

i rekon that it would cost you a lot more... sell your car privately and then import one from Japan yourself...

what does the euro R have above the type s? have ya grown tired of the type s already?

check this out
    http://www.batfa.com/new_car_honda_accord_euro_r.htm

also
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_giVNAA7rE

saves you trying this urself
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_giVNAA7rE
    nippy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I see your's is a 2.0 "Type-S", not the 2.4 Type-S.

Euro-R and CTR have the same engine.

CTR will be quicker and hold its value better. The Euro-R is a niche car.

Also consider the ITR. Current (DC8) version is considered to be the best handing FWD car ever built, and puts many RWD cars to shame.

My money would be on the ITR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Agent7249

Thanks for the input lads if all comes to all I'll hang on till april next year ill be back from overseas and should have the money to put towards it, hows the ITR on holding value? JH? I didnt know there's DC8's ??thought the last one was DC5?

And to what car, my motor is a K22Z2 while the one in the euro-r is a K22A2, performs better/ more BHP stuff in the car is also lightweight well seats, dual exhausts, basically I dont want to mod my car to be an imitation, I want the real deal :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Sorry, yes meant DC5, slip of the finger.

The current model/shape Euro-R is a 2.0-litre, meaning K20.

K22 = 2.2 litre. No '07 apart from the diesel is a 2.2 litre, so your's is the 2.0 or the 2.4? Honda in Ireland don't do a 2.4 Type-S any more, so I'd assume your's is a 2.0 "Type-S" (quotes cos it's sorta unique to Ireland).

All 2.4s have twin exhaust, all 2.0s have single.

The K-series engines all share the same block, but the head is different. Hence a K20 in an Accord/CR-V is not the same as the K20 in a CTR/ITR/Euro-R.

ITRs hold their value very well. Probably as good as, if not better than the CTR. The Euro-R wouldn't do quite as well, being a "family saloon".

BTW, the old shape (98-03) Accord Type-R (UK designed and built) and its spin-off, the JDM Euro-R (same drivetrain, but different body), were 2.2, but not K-series (F or H, can't remember).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

JHMEG wrote:
    Sorry, yes meant DC5, slip of the finger.

The current model/shape Euro-R is a 2.0-litre, meaning K20.

K22 = 2.2 litre. No '07 apart from the diesel is a 2.2 litre, so your's is the 2.0 or the 2.4? Honda in Ireland don't do a 2.4 Type-S any more, so I'd assume your's is a 2.0 "Type-S" (quotes cos it's sorta unique to Ireland).

All 2.4s have twin exhaust, all 2.0s have single.

The K-series engines all share the same block, but the head is different. Hence a K20 in an Accord/CR-V is not the same as the K20 in a CTR/ITR/Euro-R.

ITRs hold their value very well. Probably as good as, if not better than the CTR. The Euro-R wouldn't do quite as well, being a "family saloon".

BTW, the old shape (98-03) Accord Type-R (UK designed and built) and its spin-off, the JDM Euro-R (same drivetrain, but different body), were 2.2, but not K-series (F or H, can't remember).

whats an ITR? never heard of it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Integra Type-R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Listen to JHMEG, he's been up at viewpoint in the back seat of said cars quite a few times ;)

Advertisement