Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung U600

• 24-07-2007 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

Does anybody have the samsung U600 phone? Whats its like and would ye recommend it? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

interested to hear too - upgrade burning a hole in my pocket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Same here thats why I like to hear other people opion on that phone. Ive seen it in the shop and its deadly to handle nice and slim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

saw one in action today and it has a really snazzy feature. it has backgrounds based on your location. my friend has one and because he's in ireland it automatically puts up a picture of the ha'penny bridge. birds fly by at random intervals and there's shooting stars etc and it turns to night as the sun goes down. apparently if you go to france it'll change to the eiffel tower

completely pointless but snazzy nonetheless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Thats deadly, going to try it out next wk and beg them to let me have it. Im due an upgrade in few months.

Had a look today in CPW - guy in the shop had one (he upgraded from a K750i too) and reckons it's the dogs - OS is really fast - camera is spot on (although a decent flash would have really clinched it for me) screen is a nice size too and also touch sensitive I'm seriously tempted.
    Only thing is he sort of hinted that the K850 may be available soon (5mp camera. xenon flash and 3led light!) so I may wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,377 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

nice looking screen, and the size weight look good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

I saw one on the weekend but decided against it in favour of the K550i. I prefer slide phones and this one is nice and thin but the surface are is too large - it's a good big bigger than a credit card and that's before you slide it open. What's more Samsung have an annoying habbit of using a different charge port for practically every model they release so running out of battery on the go can be a real pain, on top of that the fact that the only other Samsung phone I had had real poor battery life and poor signal quality didn't encourage me to get this phone at all.

K550i is a great phone, but if you have a K750i like I have there's no real advantage to upgrading to it - still only has a 2mp camera and it's a lot chunkier than the Samsung

Advertisement