Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera for parents...

Options
  • 25-07-2007 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

They have a old 3.2mp kodak that does the job but my mam wants a camera for her florist... Wanna get them a new one so she can keep the kodak in the shop.

Basically, needs to be a sinch to use. Point n shoot. Good build quality n pic quality... They do a decent bit of touring on the bike n r heading to aus for 3 weeks soon so wanna get it by then...

Something around the €2-250 range.. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I cant think of a camera straight off but depending on how soon your leaving, i'd without a doubt buy it from www.pixmania.ie . I've ordered from them a good few times and they deliver within a few days, and prices cant be beat. I got a camera (lumix TZ3) for €400, got quoted €579 in a shop here in dublin. They'll offer you some 'zen engagement' guarantee, but i never bothered with it.

start looking from here:

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/camera/digital-camera/1/1/categorie.html

and if you find a camera you think might do,

read a review at:

www.dpreview.com

they know what they're talking about.

PS pixmania is french, so any manuals will be french, but you can download english version off the manufacturers website. also, chargers will be 2-pin european, but they throw in an adaptor free...

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Thanks, ordered off pixmania loads n used dpreview loads... Doesnt seem to be an "old" persons camera out there tho... Something simple, decent sized buttons. Tis the same with phones, god knows how long it took me to teach my mam to send text messages..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/528023/art/sony/cyber-shot-dsc-w55-silver.html

Hi lads thinking of getting this camera before i go on hols,do ye think it is a good deal?

Advertisement