Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

someone should call the guards..

Options
  • 25-07-2007 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Nice, eh?? saw this today and couldn't resist a quick snap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Methinks you need to cut down on whatever you're smoking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

it wasn't supposed to be a subliminal 'grass' post, fey. I was trying to show the fiesta running slicks....

Sorry; I was a couple of minutes looking at the picture thinking "what's special..."!!! Didn't even make the grass-to-smoking connection!

Those tyres are scarily bald. And have obviously been subjected to an off-road excursion!

I thought the post had something to do with the thing under the car!!!

I think the tyre wear and the offroading are possibly related. WAY beyond ignorance-those tyres must be 5 or 10 thousand miles past worn out....

Any idea what the driver is like? Male/female, Young/old, L-plate/full, etc?

Trying to figure if it's inexperience or ignorance, etc, etc.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure. it was in a respectable estate and i was curious myself but i didn't want to look for too many clues cause it was out in the open.

The dogs in the street know your tyres are worn out long before they get that bad. Think of all the rain lately, they must have been all over the road in the wet.

it's just sheer contempt for fellow man, I'd wager.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

"someone should call the guards.."
    you know where they live...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

I bet you that that car is owned by blacks, most likely a female one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nuttzy wrote:

Not a very fair comment. Could be anyone's car, the Irish are notorious for not looking after their cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

but you need slicks to put all the Fiesta power down on the track:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭paulie.walnuts

even F1 tyres have a tread of sorts those ones are gas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Nuttzy wrote:

no way, it obviously owned by French 37 year old man with brown hair:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭hawker

I actually meant to get a picture of a car/van I spotted recently. The front passenger tyre had 6/8 bulges out the side of it. I couldn't believe my eyes.

I might see it again so if I do I'll post a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Nuttzy wrote:
    I don't know which is more idiotic, thinking that or posting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,355 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nuttzy wrote:

You've been warned several times in the past. Now you're banned for two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

Anan1 wrote:
    I don't know which is more idiotic, thinking that or posting it.

yes I agree but it is probably true !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Also, someone is clearly flouting the litter laws by leaving an apple core under the car too!

For shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,355 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

yes I agree but it is probably true !!!

Careful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Id be happy to see the car slide of the road into the kerb. That would learn them. Ive seen this before , most recently it was on a red C180 2002 Merc in Drogheda, with 2 bald tyres at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yeah, it's not restricted to old rustbuckets either .. I parked next to a 2 year old E220 at a garden centre the other week with all four tyres almost slicks, I don't think there was more than 0.5mm of tread anywhere on any of them.

Anyway, as it happens, the owner came back to the car as I was getting in mine, a repectable looking 50-ish looking gent in a smart suit, and I politely suggested he should take a look at his tyres as they were looking 'a little low on tread'. Guess what he told me to do :) ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

If I see any dark coloured Fiestas in my rear view mirror on the motorway one of these rainy summer evenings, I'll be getting the hell out of the way! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Am I correct in thinking that no crime has been committed until they try and drive it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

cantdecide wrote:
    Nice, eh?? saw this today and couldn't resist a quick snap

You know where they live and the car reg, ring the Traffic Hotline and report them before they kill themselves and/or someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

jhegarty wrote:
    Am I correct in thinking that no crime has been committed until they try and drive it ?
    I'd imagine you're right, considering there's any number of racing series that use slicks on race tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Indeed, though I wouldn't like to try bring that thing around Mondello on those tyres! ;) Hard to imagine that none of the driving that wore them down past their minimum depth was on public roads, but it's probably true that you can have whatever you want holding up the car when it's parked - it's when you want to drive it that you run into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

unkel wrote:
    Careful now!

Down with that sort of thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

You know where they live and the car reg, ring the Traffic Hotline and report them before they kill themselves and/or someone else.

Getting all sensible in your old age? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

unkel wrote:
    You've been warned several times in the past. Now you're banned for two weeks.
    Out of curiosity, if the original poster who took the photo reported back that the owner of the car was indeed a black woman, would you remove the ban!!!

A couple of weeks ago I was picking up my child from school. There was an north african woman driving a 94 Toyota, I don't know how this car passed an NCT, anyway she proceeded to put 6 kids into the car. She had a 6-7 year old on the front seat holding a year old baby, not a seatbelt in sight and the same with the 4 kids in the back. I phoned the guards but I think they missed her or they didnt bother their ass. I will come across this woman again as her kids are in the same school as mine.

I wouldn't hesitate to phone the guards if I saw such a unroadworthy car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Getting all sensible in your old age? :)

Not really, you know I'm just the sort of bollox who would do that anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

DonJose wrote:
    Out of curiosity, if the original poster who took the photo reported back that the owner of the car was indeed a black woman, would you remove the ban!!!
    Would that make Nuttzy's post any less racist?

Advertisement