Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is spreadbetting doing in an investments forum?

• 25-07-2007 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

Should this not be under the gambling forum?

Also, what did I do with my fire proof trousers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

Yea could be under gambling but if it is financial spread betting i would say its ok here because it is to do with markets and the forum is Investments & Markets.

BTW, there is a Spreadbetting supplement in the Irish Times today if people are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I believe it has a legitimate investment claim.

For very small trades,your costs could be less on spreadbetting than other methods.
    There may be instruments that people would otherwise be unable to gain exposure too.
    Arbitrages will appear in the spreadbetting world.
    I know institutional traders who keep spreadbetting screens open to compare the market prices they are seeing with spread prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

Just after reading that, there's a story at the back that seems to be encouraging Insider Trading!
    Yea was surprised about that too!
    I wondered about this before becuase i work for a NASDAQ listed comany. I know one particular SB company asks you which company you work for when signing up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement