Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving a Van on a Provisional ??

Options
  • 25-07-2007 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Can anyone tell me if I'll be allowed drive/tax a Van (Opel Vivaro LWB) on a Cat.B Provisional Licence ? The Gross Vehicle Weight is less than 2tonne.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Yeah, afaik it's just the same as a car once it's under 3.5t Gross weight. I've seen a few vans with L plates so it shouldn't be a problem.

Just make sure you can get insured on it first:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 I-PITY-THE-FOOL

sorted the insurance out today. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Don't forget that unless you are on your 2nd provsional you need to have a fully licences driver with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Del2005 wrote:
    Don't forget that unless you are on your 2nd provsional you need to have a fully licences driver with you.

Correction, you are legally required to, and that's the difference.

I learned to drive in a van. On my own. Doing 35k per annum. On provisional's. For years. And years.

Rain down on me from your soap boxes.

OP, good luck with the driving - Be safe.

Advertisement