Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wanna go to BB?

Options
  • 25-07-2007 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

there is a hotel near the studios. a mile is all. €75 for a night, but worth it to get at charley don't ya think?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

If you're paying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

I was very very tempted.. How do you get tickets to go to the studio?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I'll go with ya aye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Hello!

I went to Billi's eviction with a friend, it was really fun! I can give you some advice/tips on the eviction :)

To get tickets you have to go to www.applausestore.com (click on the UK website link) Register and create an account and then go and reserve the shows you want OR (what i did) ring them and book it over the phone as reserveing online is not always garenteed for some bb shows due to the high demand. They gave us priority pass tickets, and the tickets are sent out to you by email (print them off and bring them along!)

Applause Store: +44 (0)8700 24 1000

The studios are located in Elstree and Borehamwood, the train station in Elstree accesable via the Thameslink line (www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk) that runs from either Kings Cross in London or Luton airport directly to Elstree every 10 minutes during peek times.

The studios are about 15-25 min walk from the train station. There is a Premier Travel inn about 1-2 miles up the road, they have a special deal with applausestore and you can get a discount on the breakfast if you show your bb tickets.

Although they tell you you need to be there an hour beforehand, id advise queing from 4 O'Clock (we arrived at 4.30 but people get there very early to have the best spots, EG behind the eye davina stands on) There will be 'hardcore' fans who come every week to the show, the time will go pretty quickly. its easy to strike up conversation as everyone is talking about big brother topics!

There is a large Tesco beside the side entrance where you que up beside, (you do not go through the main reception area) if you want to buy food or drink (but make sure you get someone to save your place or it will be gone). You cant park in the tesco car park, they clamp cars there over 3 hrs!

Banners are allowed but not on large sticks etc... due to heath/saftey concerns. use your common sense when making a banner. i did see peoples banners bieng confiscated for 'undesirable' messages'

Advice: Do NOT stand near any of the boxes reserved for the paparatzi/ family members that are just in front of the 'eye' as you wont be able to see anything.

Be prepeard to bring some panadol with you, there are no seats and your feet will be on fire from standing so long! The crowd are very pushy, if you put your feet in one place someone will happily replace them to get nearer the front, STAND your ground!

When the cameras are not rolling you can expect the BB Mouth presenters and Dermot O'Leary, Davina, and other members of the production team to talk to the crowd. They also run music and short games during the ad breaks.

There is even a shop afterwards where you can buy BB mugs, BB t-shirts, hats etc... (at an expensive price ;))

Note: Security is pretty tight and they WILL search you and ask for ID. Food/Drink/Photography is not allowed (though people do take pics with their camera phones when the security men are not looking!)

Thats all i can think of for now, if you want to ask me any more q's feel free. Ill post the scan of my BB Mug shortly!

Cian :D

London Elstree / Borehamwood

Warwick Road
    Off Elstree Way
    Borehamwood
    Hertfordshire
    WD6 1US

T: (0044) 870 990 6616
    F: 0870 990 6617
    649_LondonEl.gif
    Monday - Thursday
    From £69 per room
    per night

Friday - Sunday
    From £59 per room
    per night

blank.gif

Higher rates apply during key events

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 carnival_joe

Cool, might just go over. Track down my membership details for applausestore.

next week for Traceys eviction if i can afford it

Yeah...fod and accomidation isnt cheap, esp. with sterling :(

Advertisement