Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[How To] Pay irish credit card from USA

Options
  • 25-07-2007 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi guys....

Can anyone explain to me how would i go about paying my monthly dues on my irish aib credit card while im here in america (will be for a while yet)

If possible id like to somehow pay the credit card directly and not transfer funds to my irish bank and then pay like that.

Is it possible to pay directly to credit card company?

I dont have an american bank account myself but freinds have....what forms (names) and info do i need to have....im sure theres a way...just cant think of one...

appreciate any help guys....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

TBH I don't think there is a particularily easy and/or cheap way for you to what your asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

The easiest way would be to ask AIB for the account that credit cards payments are cleared from. You could then do an international transfer to this account. As a reference put your credit card number. This is vital as the people who look after the account wont know what credit card to apply the money to. Make sure that you accept all charges / convert the money to euro before the money is sent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

And get the IBAN and BIC/Swift code of AIB's clearing/holding account for credit card payments.

Or else ask someone at home to pay it for you and then wire the money to their account.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tones_ie

Thanks a lot guys...food fo rthought :)

i think the biggest prob is that im in a small town where th main bank is a credit union type of deal...so trying to convince the manager that its the norm thing is fun lol

i did get those IbAN numbers and sent a test payment today...hopefully it goes through....

If not ill do as ill wire it to a family member and get them to do it.....

again thanks for the suggestions ...appreciated

Advertisement