Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Prequel?

Options
  • 25-07-2007 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭

I know Rowling said that this is the last Harry Potter book but having thought to myself could she possibly spring a prequel on us? You know one that say charts James and Lilys life in Hogwarts and Voldemorts first attacks? I can see the flaw in my argument in that we already know what is going happen but all the same, I can still hope :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'd rather see Hogwarts - The Next Generation in which Harry and Ron's kids are in Hogwarts. And we could have cameo's from all the people we know and love from the original series.
    It could possibly be a more light-hearted take on wizardry life and not focus mainly on a Potter but all the offspring of our heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I have a felling she could do some thing about teddy going through hogwarts! but i'm probably way off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I wouldn't like there to be more books. They'd take away from the original ones. Writing more books just seems like greediness. She said sheprobably wouldn't, but never say never but I'd hate someone else to be able to write a series of Harry Potter books. You know lke other childrens books, sweet valley high etc where other authors write the books but they have "created by......" on them. Leave them as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd rather see Hogwarts - The Next Generation in which Harry and Ron's kids are in Hogwarts. And we could have cameo's from all the people we know and love from the original series.
    It could possibly be a more light-hearted take on wizardry life and not focus mainly on a Potter but all the offspring of our heroes.

Indeed. If only to see more of Scorpius - such an awesome name. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think she's said that the only other book she'd write would be an encyclopedia of the wizarding world and would prefer to do it for charity.

That said, I like the idea of a prequel once they're done by Rowling. Can't imagine her ever giving anyone else permission to write about her characters or locations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

cson wrote:
    I know Rowling said that this is the last Harry Potter book but having thought to myself could she possibly spring a prequel on us? You know one that say charts James and Lilys life in Hogwarts and Voldemorts first attacks? I can see the flaw in my argument in that we already know what is going happen but all the same, I can still hope :p
    I'm afraid she's also said that there will be no prequel book about Lily and James as she believes that everything you need to know about the 2 characters will be known by the end of the 7th book

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Lorr

I'd like a book about Sirius' life myself, up until Azkaban because it would be a bit dull from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Lorr wrote:
    I'd like a book about Sirius' life myself, up until Azkaban because it would be a bit dull from there.

That would be really intresting,
    particulary his relationship with his brother

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I'd LOVE Hogwarts: A History. But any prequels or sequels or the encyclopaedia would be great either.

• Advertisement

That would be really intresting,
    particulary his relationship with his brother

Exactly! And his adventures with Lupin and James and Peter I suppose in school. Also he was supposed to be the best looking, I'd like to hear about some of his girlfriends and that type of thing. We know about James and Lupin's love lives why not Sirius'? (I know we know nothing about Peter's but lets be honest no one cares)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

*GASP!!!*
    “Mr. Weasley, he was the person who got a reprieve,” Rowling said. “When I sketched out the books, Mr. Weasley was due to die in Book 5.”

Instead, another father dies in the end of Book 7.

SHE KILLED LUPIN INSTEAD OF MR. WEASLEY????? WTF?! THAT IS ****ING TWISTED

*sulks*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I love Mr. Weasley, he's a real character, the way he tries to be great friends with muggles by talking about elektricity and feletones

yeah, he was cool n all... but LUPIN DAMMIT!

RIP Remus :(

it was a very powerfull scene when Harry told Lupin to stop "being a coward" and go home to his son.

the irony is he turned out to have been exceptionally brave in death, saying now atleast his son can have a better life. Also at the end of Book 6 Harry called Snape a coward, and ended up as an adult declaring him the bravest person he ever met

nice observation ^

i loved the scene where they heard lupin give harry a message on the radio as well, that was really nice, though i just loved that lee jordan was the main speaker :D

Given the choice between Mr Weasley or Lpuin dying I know who'd I rather snuff it. *cough*Bye bye ginger*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Indeed. If only to see more of Scorpius - such an awesome name. :cool:

What a name! Little Scorpius.....lol

The kids all mirror the parents, Lily is like Ginerva, Albus Severus is like Harry and James is like his grandfather.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Spoiler alert:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/
    Extra epilogue info.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

CarefulNow wrote:
    Spoiler alert:
    Extra epilogue info.

Sweet. I hope we get to see more of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

CarefulNow wrote:
    Spoiler alert:
    Extra epilogue info.

i dunno why she'd talk about it after the book came out like they were real people when she could have put in the book! Like they're ficticious characters that she created if she decided that that's what was going to happen to them why didn't she just write it down???

that takes the biscuit!

why would you do that!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I'd say she might be doing the encyclopedia, as the prologue was so weak ... it seemed to me that it wasn't even written by her, or was a quick draft that was patched on at the end

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The Bollox wrote:
    it was a very powerfull scene when Harry told Lupin to stop "being a coward" and go home to his son.

the irony is he turned out to have been exceptionally brave in death, saying now atleast his son can have a better life. Also at the end of Book 6 Harry called Snape a coward, and ended up as an adult declaring him the bravest person he ever met
    He called Dumbledore the bravest man he ever met I believe, not snape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 katems

nope, that would be snape - he was talking about a slytherin headmaster

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh yeah, at the end to albus severus, I was thinking of something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

i dont think a prequel or a new series with the children whould be very good........i would love a totally different take on the wizarding world, maybe a new series set in like the us/some other foriegn country, with the characters and storylines different to harry potters characters/storylines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

How about form a muggle finding out about magic pointof few, there could be spin off cartoons and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ah there's so much potential. I'd love a prequel of the founding of Hogwarts days, or Voldy at school in detail, or the years before he got vanquished the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

I'd say Rowling is sick of writing about Harry bloody Potter by now, she'd want to do something new.

Advertisement