Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When dual accounts are acceptable..

Options
  • 25-07-2007 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Just curious, and tbh I'm not really bothered, but I have to say I am curous as to why an admitted dual account is permitted?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53607717&postcount=1

I'm guessing seamus has cast his eye over things - but it would be interesting to know how/why it's been allowed in this case... for future reference..

Thanky...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's a popular misconception that having another account is banned completely. Don't worry, all/most us Smods thought the same thing at one point.

There's no problem with people having more than one account, unless the second account can be used to circumvent a forum or site ban.

Our actions depend on the context. If someone has a known second account and gets banned from a forum, then it may be a matter of banning both accounts from the one forum, or sitebanning one account. If someone registers a new account *after* having gotten a ban, we'll usually ban both accounts from the site, and all future accounts belonging to that person.

There are a lot of people who have reregistered following a siteban, and are still around. Generally when people get a siteban, it's because they've acted the tit in a very public way. Many of them who re-register, act the tit in exactly the same way, so they stick out like a sore thumb. A handful cop onto themselves and come back, but keep a low profile. I principle I have no problem with these people, as they're no longer causing hassle.

For the record, I did get your reported post. But in true me style, I never took the time to say, "Thanks, but no action needed". :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

I figured it was something along those lines, just wanted to clear it up.. No worries about not replying - I've heard you SMod are busy people :p

Advertisement