Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Finding a specific cars reg?

Options
  • 25-07-2007 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi, first of all sorry in advance if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it if necessary :)

I've been browsing the boards for months now as a guest and thought this would be the best place to get the information I need.

About and hour ago I was driving to the garage to get petrol, and on my way there a white toyota celica came towards me on my side of the road going a good 50-60mph in a 50kph zone, the driver made no attempt to pull back into his side of the road or to slow down so I had to swerve out of his way, if I had waited a second or 2 later to turn I'd probably be in hospital or worse in a body bag now. I turned around to follow the car, caught up with it a minute or 2 later (he was after slowing down a lot), so I called the gardai while following him, as I was giving them the reg of the car I lost reception and was cut off, rang them then again about 2 miles later and they asked me for the reg again but I couldn't keep up with the car and I could only remember parts of it (98-c-28???), so my question to you guys is there a site or anywhere I could go to, where I'd be able to give details of the car (make/model/part of reg I remember) and get a list of all the cars that fit the search criteria with completed regs? I know I'd recognise the reg if I seen it again. Thanks in advance for any info :)

BTW, great site :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

In short, no.
    However, if you're extremely patient or unemployed you could spend a day on cartell.ie trying the thousand registrations that begin 98C 28*** (if you're sure there's three more digits) and see how many Celicas show up. Problem is, if there's more than one Celica in that range you're goosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Just bear in mind that any cork reg in the 28000 range is probably not an original Irish car, it's most likely an import, a Jap import at that. Best of luck deciphering which white Toyota nearly ran you off the road, most of the cars will porbably be white Toyotas in that number range. I'm too lazy to check if it is the case but I would be fairly sure.
    Forget about it & chalk it up to experience.

Advertisement