Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

let's talk about flat calling 3bets preflop

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

Very interesting thread so far and a subject which has been on my mind for a while as well.

I think a 3 bet calling frequency has to be based on your ability to play 3 bet pots post flop.

I also think that postflop play needs to be analyzed first and hence, which hands are best to call 3 bets with, before we can come to conclusions on optimal 3 bet calling frequencies. Unfortunately, that's fairly subjective and depends on a lot of variables.

4 betting needs to be considered as well but, imho, it doesn't need to be a shove. A smaller 4 bet may have close to the same FE as a shove and also allows you to consider whether calling a 5 bet shove is a profitable play against specific opponents. A tl;dr discussion on equity vs. 5 bet shoves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

bump

(how did this thread get down to page 2!!!!!!)

Advertisement