Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

confused about exam results and progression

Options
  • 25-07-2007 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

hey, just wondering does anyone know what this means?

i quote the ucd exams website:

I am a modular student and I have failed, what modules can I register to next year?

If you have not passed 50 credits in your stage, you do not have enough credits to progress to the next stage and you must register to repeat your stage. This means:

You will have to repeat or substitute the modules that you did not pass
    You will retain credits for the modules that you did pass
    The entire stage is treated as a separate attempt at completing the requirements of the stage
    However, you may still take core, option or elective modules from the next stage while you are repeating your current stage, provided you have room in your timetable and there is room for you in the module.

If you repeat and pass enough modules in the first semester of an academic year, to make 50 credits, you will complete the repeat stage and be eligible to progress to the next stage in semester two.

Im gonna ring the prog. office, but im away so i just want some info first on this...*i got 45 credits, does it mean i have to pass 1 module to progress?
    Or can i go into second year now with 15 credits to make up?
    Its confusing, or maybe im just confusing it up in my head.
    Anyway any help would so welcome right now- thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

It's especially confusing now that the repeats for semester two are at christmas.

Last year if you got 45credits by the start of year2 you'd have to repeat but that was after the summer exam repeats. With the summer exam repeats now being held at xmas i'm not sure how this is going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

You do stage X where you just do the 15 credits you needed to make up. You can also do two extra modules and only do 10 when you do progress to the next stage. If you repeat them all in the first semester, you'll be in the next stage for the 2nd semester.

You can choose to repeat the whole year but that's expensive.

I knew a guy only doing four modules this year and he was also working 30hr a week which was handy enough.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

does pass by compensation apply to first years if you got an E grade and had a GPA of over 2 for both terms?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

I passed by compensation in a subject in first year.
    You can only have 2 passes by compensation a year or something though iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

The clowns in the Assessment and Logistics Office made an error with a module result. The situation has now been rectified.

• Advertisement
Advertisement