Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need to get alternator fixed - where to go?

Options
  • 25-07-2007 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hey, i think my alternator is gone in my polo (1L, 1997). Is there any good place around the drimnagh, bluebell, walkingstown area? I went to advanced pitstop but they don't do it. I need somewhere that is open saturday aswell. Went to a place called almax but it ain't open saturdays? Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Try Almax on Cromwellsfort Road in Walkinstown. They are opposite the Borza chippy. I used to use them years ago and found them excellent. 01 450 6216.

EDIT : oops...just noticed you've been to Almax - damn speed reading :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

There's a place 'The Starter Motor Centre' I think it's called, in Inchicore village (Emmet Road, on RHS past EuroSpar as you exit village) also do alternators etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If you can travel a bit further, there's Hamiltons off Camden St. Not sure whether they're open on Saturdays, though. Nice people, and not too expensive.

Advertisement