Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I stand.

Options
  • 25-07-2007 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Ok, maybe not the best place for this but it is connected.

I am attempting a management buyout of the place I have worked for the last 9 years. My offer has been accepted, (small) booking deposit paid, receipt received and that SHOULD be it. However, the seller is acting the maggot and refuses to put up a sale agreed sign. The estate agent has been told not to put it up. A call to the estate agent says the business "is under offer"

Can he gazump me if someone comes in with a better offer at the last minute.

Store is a large shop which is for sale freehold.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Afuera

Can he gazump me if someone comes in with a better offer at the last minute.
    The simple answer is yes. Unless you have contracts signed then there is no deal in place yet. A Sale Agreed sign means nothing and would not prevent you getting gazumped should an other offer come in so there is no point in pushing for that. I suggest you put pressure on the seller, telling him that the offer only stands until a certain date and after that point it will be withdrawn. You need to be firm about it and willing to walk away should the seller start to act the mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

My offer has been accepted, (small) booking deposit paid, receipt received and that SHOULD be it. However, the seller is acting the maggot and refuses to put up a sale agreed sign. The estate agent has been told not to put it up. A call to the estate agent says the business "is under offer".

In fairness, if you've placed a deposit. He shouldn't really continue seeking other offers.

Ask him to put sale agreed up, or return your deposit.

Though as Afuera points out nothing is legal untill all contracts are signed

Advertisement