Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Broadband

Options
  • 25-07-2007 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

Signed up Wednesday last week. Got e-mail yesterday to say everything was live. Had problem with installing the modem, rang their tech support. Phone was answered in 10 seconds and problem sorted within one minute.

If only every utility servcie was like this!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Did you just get a job with UTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,988 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'm surprised Clicksilver is still around. I thought everyone knew what a crock of **** it was at this point and stayed well clear. At least Irish broadband responded to the criticisms of their service. And NTL don't charge you/cut you off the second you go one byte over your not-so-generous download cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Stark wrote:
    I'm surprised Clicksilver is still around. I thought everyone knew what a crock of **** it was at this point and stayed well clear. At least Irish broadband responded to the criticisms of their service. And NTL don't charge you/cut you off the second you go one byte over your not-so-generous download cap.

I have clicksilver over 2 years now, and since I've changed my dns setttings I've not had one problem with them..
    12gb is plenty for me to download in a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭h0stn0tf0und

I've been with them for several years now (2003 I think). I have the unlimited addon so I never get cut off. I have never been without the service unless Eircom were carrying out works and all operators were down. Only had to call them once to get a password reset. I have to say the quality of the product is excellent but from reading on boards and utv newsgroups the customer service is crap. Luckily I'm technical so most problems I can sort myself but its god to hear its improving. With BT billing and Eircom being Eircom I'm happy where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I liked the post about "did you get a job with them lol

But I used them in Dublin before I moved, their customer support is EXCELLENT ! top notch and I miss them !!!!

I had a problem with the little devices you put on the phone sockets, I hadnt enough so I called, answered instantly and the guy asked me how many i needed I sadi 6 :) he went silent then said no problem they will be in the post within an hour !!

Try that with eircom ! you will be lucky to talk to a human within that timeframe not alone get your problem sorted and in the post.

Stuff arrived next day !!!

To UTV.. Give me and the OP a job please ;) lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭zugvogel

Hi mcaul,
    Are you the same mcaul who lives on the commons - off the walterstown/nurney exchange? I thought you were on 3 or vodafone bb. Just wondering how you're manageing to get dsl as the exchange hasn't been upgraded yet as far as I know.

Cheers,
    Zug

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I thought everyone knew what a crock of **** it was at this point and stayed well clear. At least Irish broadband responded to the criticisms of their service. And NTL don't charge you/cut you off the second you go one byte over your not-so-generous download cap

Contrary to the impression given on this forum I don't think caps are major issue for most broadband users. I could hardly use the service more and I don't reach the cap with the type of use I have. And for those for whom it might be an issue, I expect they don't choose UTV. And UTV give you the choice of being cut off when over the cap or paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I am with UTV broadband since last November and I cannot fault them one bit. I got the 2mb package with unlimited caps for downloading. Any queries I had with them were answered straight away and my connection has always been great with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

zugvogel wrote:
    Hi mcaul,
    Are you the same mcaul who lives on the commons - off the walterstown/nurney exchange? I thought you were on 3 or vodafone bb. Just wondering how you're manageing to get dsl as the exchange hasn't been upgraded yet as far as I know.

Cheers,
    Zug

Still with three at home - wife was giving socks cos if I got home late she couldn't get online till i brought the 3 card home so since three dropped the price to €20 I decided for peace and tranquility to get dsl BB into the office.

Three service has disimproved since quite a few people in the area have it - average speed is about 500kbs but anyting is better than the old copper wire speed of 16kbs!!:o My guess is the o2 service could be quite strong in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭zugvogel

Hi Mcaul,
    Thanks for the reply - sent you a PM with some local info.

Zug

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

mcaul wrote:
    Phone was answered in 10 seconds and problem sorted within one minute.

:eek: . How dare they :eek:

This is Ireland where these things are supposed to take at least an hour (and thats after 3 transfers and 20 mins on hold twice) and a shouting match with Apoo before he escalates you from his script to a sentient being .

Quality Irish Technical Support in 2007 , we should all support that where it may be found . UTV and Digiweb and some wireless and mobile operators are all that comes to mind .

Advertisement