Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Season Official Discussion Thread - Autumn/Winter League 2007

• 25-07-2007 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

Other Threads are mostly for last season, so time for a new one!!

We have been talking about this for the past few weeks, so lets kick this into motion.The new season starts in about 3 or 4 weeks time, so we need to get names and membership.

So, please only post once, stating that you WILL play or are interested in playing, in the format below. If your playing, then it means your comitted to playing for 5 or 6 months, until the season ends at least. Des will provide the membership for the year and the night that we are playing, once its decided.

So,

Number 1 - Ed will be playing next season with Boards.
    Number 2 - Art(keeper playing last nightm but really a striker) will play next season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

1 - Ed will be playing next season with Boards.
    2 - Art(keeper playing last nightm but really a striker) will play next season.
    3 - Colm, in for the winter season. Come on hurricane winds

I'd prefer any night but monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

4 - Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

4 - Michael
    5- Martin (Though I'll be away the first week in Septemeber so might miss start of season)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

4 - Michael
    5- Martin (Though I'll be away the first week in Septemeber so might miss start of season)
    6 - Jules is in.
    7 - Gav is in.

Lads - you should be confident you'll be able to make at least 75% of matches and training sessions for the entire season before expressing an interest. As Des said last night, expressing interest here doesn't necessarily guarantee a squad place, though personally I think we should create a B team if there's too many players for one squad, but we'll see how the numbers are looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

4 - Michael
    6 - Jules is in.
    7 - Gav is in.
    8 - Geoff is in
    Not if he doesn't stop mouthing at the ref in every game he won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

4 - Michael
    6 - Jules is in.
    7 - Gav is in.
    8 - Geoff is in
    9 - Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

4 - Michael
    6 - Jules is in.
    7 - Gav is in.
    8 - Geoff is in
    9 - Darragh
    10-Joe

Astro Soccer League

2007/08 Dublin Winter 11 a side League

Starting the week of September 24th 2007.
    Teams consist of 11 players with unlimited subs allowed.
    Subs may come on and off at any stage, subject to certain restrictions.
    Divisions consist of 10 teams with each team playing the others twice per season.

Teams select the standard, vennue and night(s) of their games based on choices available on our site once registration is open.

To join the league, fees must be paid online or a credit card provided to hold the place.

All games are refereed by qualified referees. :D
    All games are one hour in duration.
    All games are played on synthetic pitches at the venues specified below.

Games are played, weekday evenings from 6:30pm - 11:00pm.

All results, fixtures, tables, reports etc... are held on our web site (http://www.astro.ie).
    There are great prizes at the end of each season.
    At the end of each season there is a presentation night for all teams.

The entry fee is:
    - Euro 1350.00 + 13.5% VAT (Euro 1532.25) League Fees
    - Euro 300.00 Referees fees

Teams are expected to supply their own kit and footballs.
    Teams are required to enter their own results and scorers on our website after each game.

There is a, cheap, optional insurance scheme of which teams can avail.
    Contact Graham Pasley of O'Driscoll O'Neil on 01-6395857 for details

Venues:
    St. Colmcilles, Knocklyon
    Wesley College, Ballinteer
    St.Judes, Templeogue.
    Three Rock Rovers Hockey Club, Rathfarnham.
    Corinthians Hockey Club, Whitechurch.
    Iveagh Grounds, Crumlin.
    AUL Grounds, Clonshaugh.
    Sportslink, Santry

Any questions please contact us at dublin@astro.ie

Eh lads, we're playing Northside for the Winter League.

I've decided.

Super Des. Us Northsiders must stick together :D Also that start date means I won't miss any games. And just in relation to the post above about must be willing to attend 75% of games, I'm totally committed to that. Barring injury I'll always be there

Just to let you know some of the posters above.

homerjay2005 is Ed, who played Centre half last night, we were in his gaf before the game, big strapping Kerry lad.

bugs90 is Joe, who laid on the super ball for the goal!

BlackWizard (oooooh scary) is Darragh who came on to play Right Back.

FrankGrimes is Jules.

emc2 (nerd) is Michael, who played Left back.

LoBo is Colm, who wasn't there last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

Are you looking for any new players? I could make all matches/training and LR can confirm that I can kick a ball straight :D If not don't worry about it but there's my interest stated anyway.

I'll confirm it just right after i find out who you are!! :D Dave is it?

Erm, who are you?

I'm Des, you probably recognise the name :)

He also goes by Ming the Mercurial

LeixlipRed wrote:
    I'll confirm it just right after i find out who you are!! :D Dave is it?

Yep that's me. Kildare Red was taken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

4 - Michael
    6 - Jules is in.
    7 - Gav is in.
    8 - Geoff is in
    9 - Darragh
    10-Joe
    11-Shay

seansouth wrote:
    Eh lads, we're playing Northside for the Winter League.

I've decided.

Get in ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

feck that - clonshaugh and santry are well far out, there's no way I'd make any 18:45 kick-offs midweek...and AUL grounds is pretty difficult to get to for anyone on public transport.

3 Rock is now our spiritual home, what with the ref just loving us and all, we could hardly leave.

The AUL isn't on any bus route alright and is a right pain in the hole to get too but it's on the northside so again I aint complaining :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

4 - Michael
    6 - Jules is in.
    7 - Gav is in.
    8 - Geoff is in
    9 - Darragh
    10-Joe
    11-Shay
    12- Sav (depending on day of games?)

Northsoide rulez!:D

• Advertisement

Savman wrote:
    :)

Did you miss us?

Welcome back mate.

The day of games and all that jazz will be discussed, don't worry.

As for the Northside thing, it was slightly tongue-in-cheek. Put to a democratic vote, I reckon I could do a Mystic Meg on the outcome.

Sure, all them Southsiders would only get nosebleeds if they had to come anywhere near the Spire, nevermind Clonshaugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

4 - Michael
    6 - Jules is in.
    7 - Gav is in.
    8 - Geoff is in
    9 - Darragh
    10-Joe
    11-Shay
    13 - Simon (will be back around start of sept.)

4 - Michael
    6 - Jules is in.
    7 - Gav is in.
    8 - Geoff is in
    9 - Darragh
    10-Joe
    11-Shay
    13 - Simon (will be back around start of sept.)
    14 - Dave (to add to the Shels contingent)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

northside would be very tough for me to get to, especially for the early games considering that i work as far south as you can go in dublin!....good interest so far, i have another mate interested, a defender...I wont put up his name until he confirms for definate, he is on holidays at the moment..

btw, any friendlies organised for the gap between the end of season and the 24th of sept? we definatley need them seen as we will have alot of new heads again this year. though we could have a cup run which would be alot better?!

OK lads, lot of early interest.

Just to make a few things clear from the outset.

As already mentioned, please DO NOT ADD YOUR NAME if you won't be able to make more than 75% of games. The assumption this coming season is that you will be at each match. The Fixture List will be posted as a Sticky, as it was this season, with Dates, Times and Venue for each game, so no-one as an excuse. I will also print this list for every member of the team. If it turns out that I have to start ringing and texting people before each game, I'll be removing money from the kitty to cover expenses.

Remember, it's a week night that we'll be playing. This will be decided democratically by everyone who has said they are interested.

Some things to consider.

Champions League will be on for the majority of our season. If you are a Liverpool, ManYoo, Arsenal or Chelsea fan, and we decide to play on a Tuesday or Wednesday, then please DO NOT JOIN if you will be missing every second week with mystery injuries.

Cup games are Friday nights. They are just as important as League games, if you are a LoI fan and can't commit to these, then don't join.

If you miss a game because the team you support is playing, with a mystery injury, do not expect to play in the next fixture.

You are expected to be at each game. I will at least a day's notice if you won't be turning up. Each of you will be given my Mobile phone number for this purpose.

It costs €115 to join. This will cover the following :

League Fees - 1532.25
    Referee Fees - 300.00
    Kit Washing - ~400.00 (this is based on 18-20 (18 League games plus Cup) games at €24 per game, if anyone else can get it done cheaper, we'll designate the kitman)

So, a squad of about twenty people will mean about €2300

The Current projected spend is €2232.25

Which leaves €67.75.

Minus Post Office charges for getting Cheques drawn on the account.

Question is, do we increase the fee for joining, or get one or two more lads in? Opinions please.

This season I'll actually go and do all the 'admin' stuff on the same day, this will include buying several footballs.

There will be training on either a Saturday or a Sunday afternoon, every weekend, probably in the Phoenix Park, or some other place. If we need to pay for this, we'll collect money on the day. You will be expected to be at training. NO EXCEPTIONS. If the team you support is playing on the afternoon of training, and you don't attend because of a mystery injury, then don't expect to play in our next fixture. If you are from the country and need to go home for some weekends, we understand that.

The league start date is the week starting September 24th 2007.

I will expect payment by the 3rd September. That gives me enough time to arrange a day off work to get everything sorted out for the team. The reason I have to take a day off is because the League nor the Referee accept any other kind of payment other than Cheque, which I have to go to the bank to get drawn on the account, which can only be done Mon-Fri. Anyone who hasn't paid by this date will not be a part of the squad. Simple. That gives you a full month, in which you must have at least one pay day, to stump up the cash. Start Paying now if you want.

Bank Of Ireland, Coolock Village Branch.
    A/C No. : 46761278
    Sort Code : 90-04-71

Just stick your name on the lodgement so I can keep a track of it.

Right, that's it for now.

:)

Anyone who is geting their mates to join, make sure you tell them about the expectations. I'll be asking them anyway, but just make sure.

I didn't realise you trained at the weekends. Suits me fine. What sort of sessions do you do? Just throw in practise is it? :D

One other thing.

I will not be chasing people for payment. The details are there for all to see.

If payment is not made by the date stated, there will be no team.

I will not accept cash, as this means I need to take more days off to lodge it myself.

I will not accept cash, everyone got that? No cash to be paid to me. Transfer it to the account.

So how do we get this cash to you?

• Advertisement

WeAreShels wrote:
    So how do we get this cash to you?

I don't know about you, but I'm sending mine by carrier pigeon.

Advertisement