Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Season Official Discussion Thread - Autumn/Winter League 2007

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I've just counted my change jar and have it exactly, when can I give you all these 1c, 2c and 5c des?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

seansouth wrote:
    If it turns out that I have to start ringing and texting people before each game, I'll be removing money from the kitty to cover expenses.
    FWIW chief I think you should be doing this anyway. Maybe a group text from o2 or Vodafone once a week the day before the game to confirm times etc, most of the time a player will not know for certain if available until 24hrs before kick off, esp if carrying an injury or whatever.
    The only thing for me is the training on a Saturday, which would be almost impossible for me personally but sure I guess we'll see what the group consensus is next week.
    I think matches on Champions League night is a bad idea, not that I care that much about it but it's always been an issue. That, combined with a bit of rain and gale force winds, is enough to aggravate any "mysterious injury" - whether we like it or not that's human nature.

Des would you consider using something like Webcalendar where you add an entry each week, it emails to each player who either accepts or rejects, it's a handy way of doing what you do on this board only the players actually get an email into their inbox each week in advance of the game. It's easy and quite handy, I'd say you'd like it actually, give it some thought anyway.

See yiz tuesday, I think? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sav, group texts are no problem for me, we all get free texts online, and I have pretty much 24/7 access in work, or at home.

I actually might have a root around for an old phone and buy another, exclusively Boardeaux, Sim card from the money. I'll see about that.

What is a bit annoying though, is when people text me after 5pm on the day of a game. I've left work and not near a PC, if five or six people text, or I miss a call and have to call back, whatever like that.

I understand that if a player is carrying an injury he might not know if he'll be playing up to a day beforehand, but an hour or two beforehand is taking the piss imo, and is pretty disrespectful if you ask me, to everyone else on the team. Now fair enough, someone might get stuck in work at the last minute, that can't be helped.

I'll have a look into that Webcalander thing you mentioned, Jules has previously mentioned Twitter, but I haven't had much of a look at that.

But, a text message to everyone, say two days before the game, which I've been doing recently to an extent, would be just about the same as, if not better than, an email?

Just something I want to mention lads. This team isn't 'mine', it's everyone's who pays to join. Everyone is entitled to voice an opinion on the running of it, or not if they don't feel like it. I just want to encourage that.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I think you'll find us EL fans are quite reliable on Champion's League nights :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Yeah boss group text is grand.
    LeixlipRed wrote:
    I think you'll find us EL fans are quite reliable on Champion's League nights :D
    Canofworms...close it quick :D

• Advertisement

Picture the scene....

Des :
    I am Des, your Senior Drill Instructor. From now on, you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be "Sir!"

Do you maggots understand that?

Players :
    (in unison)
    Sir, yes, sir!

Des :
    Bullshít!

I can't hear you.

Sound off like you got a pair.

Players :
    (louder)
    Sir, yes, sir!

Des :
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive pre-season training ... you will be a weapon, you will be a minister of football, praying for matches.

But until that day you are pukes!

You're the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human fúcking beings!

You are nothing but unorganized grabasstic pieces of amphibian shít!

Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard, but I am fair!

There is no bigotry here! I do not look down on Arsenal, Liverpool, Pat's or Rovers fans. Here you are all equally worthless! And my orders are
    to weed out all crap players who do not pack the gear to play for my beloved Team!

Do you maggots understand that?

Players :
    (in unison)
    Sir, yes, sir!

Des:
    Bullshít! I can't hear you!

Players:

(louder)
    Sir, yes, sir!

Joker

(whispering)
    Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

Des
    Who said that? Who the fúck said that? Who's the slimy little shít, twinkle-toed cocksucker down here, who just signed his own death warrant?

Nobody, huh?!

The fairy fúcking godmother said it! Out-fúcking-standing!

I will P.T. you all until you fúcking die! I'll P.T. you until your assholes are sucking buttermilk.

Des grabs a player by the shirt.

Des :

Was it you, you scroungy little fúck, huh?!

Player :
    Sir, no, sir!

Des :
    You little piece of shít! You look like a fúcking worm! I'll bet it was you

Player :
    Sir, no, sir!

Other Player :
    Sir, I said it, sir!

Des steps up to JOKER.

Des:
    Well ...no shít. What have we got here, a fúcking comedian?

Player Joker?

I admire your honesty. Hell, I like you. You can come over to my house and fúck my sister.

Des punches JOKER in the stomach.

JOKER sags to his knees.

Des :

You little scumbag! I've got your name! I've got your ass!

You will not laugh!

You will not cry!

You will learn by the tactics. I will teach you.

Now get up! Get on your feet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

right...the DES OUT campaign starts right here, right now :D

Great thread though Des, think it clearly points out how to go about taking the team to the next level – i.e. if we want to be a proper football team we need commitment from all squad members, training, and good competition for places.

The idea of getting new players in is not just to boost numbers it’s to improve the squad by bringing in players who are fully committed to the full season and will also improve the quality of the squad so they need to be decent players. I think we should setup plenty of training sessions and friendlies for the coming weeks so players can show what they have to offer before Des finalises the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

Do they have random drug tests for managers???:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mikie

1 - Ed will be playing next season with Boards.
    2 - Art(keeper playing last nightm but really a striker) will play next season.
    3 - Colm, in for the winter season. Come on hurricane winds
    4 - Michael
    5- Martin (Though I'll be away the first week in Septemeber so might miss start of season)
    6 - Jules is in.
    7 - Gav is in.
    8 - Geoff is in
    9 - Darragh
    10-Joe
    11-Shay
    12- Sav (depending on day of games?)
    13 - Simon (will be back around start of sept.)
    14 - Dave (to add to the Shels contingent)
    15 - Mikie

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

4 - Michael
    5- Martin (Though I'll be away the first week in Septemeber so might miss start of season)
    6 - Jules is in.
    7 - Gav is in.
    8 - Geoff is in
    9 - Darragh
    10-Joe
    11-Shay
    15 - Mikie
    16 - Ollie (interested in playing)

• Advertisement

Hi Ollie :)

OK, this message is for EVERYONE who has posted an interest in this thread.

This coming Tuesday is THE LAST DEFINITE DATE at which I will be able to see you perform. I will not be accepting payment to join from anyone who I have not seen playing for us.

I will be trying to arrange friendlies, and details will be posted here, so keep an eye out.

So, if you want to get on for a half hour, to show what you can do, come to Three Rock Rovers hockey ground, near Marlay Park, South Dublin at 20.15 next Tuesday, that's a quarter past eight. In the evening.

4 - Michael
    6 - Jules is in.
    7 - Gav is in.
    8 - Geoff is in
    9 - Darragh
    10-Joe
    11-Shay
    15 - Mikie
    16 - Ollie (interested in playing)
    17 - Niall
    18 - Anto McC
    19 - Karl?

Is there anyone else missing from this list lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i have a mate who is interested, a defender. he has been on hols for 2 weeks, so i will try get him to play before the season ends.

Advertisement