Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

central locking stopped working advice needed

Options
  • 25-07-2007 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a nissan Almera and at the weekend the central locking stopped working,

What happen was my Girlfriend got into the car before me (central locking was working) and as it was raining thought it work be funny to hold the locks shut with her hands so i couldn't get in. I didnt notice it not working till i got back home and tried to lock it with the central locking fob thingy, and it didnt work, I thought 1 of the doors was open but they weren't, I got in the drivers side and i noticed the lock was open and when i closed it by hand it sprung open straight away,,,, I got it locked by using the Key,, I checked the batterys and they are ok,,

How can i get this fixed ,,, Do i have to bring it back to Nissan ? I dont want to as they will charge loads...

Any ideas?

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Talk to a key-cutting professional. There are different 'fixes' that manufacturers build into cars. He/she could explain them to you or have a look themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

I got the number of a locksmith in Dublin from some company in England that programs central locking keys. I'll PM you his number, he might sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

thanks guys,

But is it a Locksmith i need? the car opens ok,,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

NeVeR wrote:
    thanks guys,

But is it a Locksmith i need? the car opens ok,,

Yup. Give them a call :) Cheaper than the dealer and more knowledgeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

hi guys,

I've just been talking to one of the Engineers in my company and I might have give some flase info, The central locking is working as when i open the door with the Key all doors unlock and when i lock the doors both doors open. So the central locking is working on the car, it's just not responding to the fob, The key doesnt have the central locking button it,

the fob looks like this
    nissan-type-2-key-fob.jpg

So is it still a locks smith i need ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

This works on my Astra.....with the ignition on, and the driver's door open, hit open on the key fob which resets it. I normally have to do it once a week due to a dodgey fob.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Somewhat related..

The left front door on my Passat has started doing this rather annoying thing whereby when I press the locking button when in the car, all the doors lock but then this one pops up again.

It's intermittent and I've made sure the door is closed properly. It does always lock though when I'm leaving the car and press the button on the remote. Then when I come back to the car and try locking it again from the inside it's fine?

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

NeVeR wrote:
    So is it still a locks smith i need ?
    Might just need re-progamming. If that's all it needs, an official dealer won't charge that much (well it's a rip off for what they're doing), under €50.

Advertisement