Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

buying tyres online?

Options
  • 25-07-2007 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

So what do you think, are there any good deals or cheep places to buy tyres online?
    I need a full set of 4 for my xtrail and wow they are expensive.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

eiretyres

I haven't tried them myself, but several regulars here have. I can only remember reading about positive experiences...

Alternatively, lookup the eiretyres prices and use those as bargaining tools with your local tyre outfitter

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Apparently a lot of place won't fit tyres that weren't purchased from them.

Factor in the cost of having them fitted too (assuming you're not fitting them yourself).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

As Mr Magnolia says, almost nobody will fit tyres they didn't supply. Eiretyres do have a list of approved suppliers, I used one near Sandyford. They charged around €50 to fit & balance 4 tyres and dispose of the old ones. Eiretyres themselves were good, but you'd want to be saving a few quid to make it worth the hassle. I'd advise doing as Unkel says, and go with Eiretyres if the saving is big enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

Cheers for the advice. Any one have any recomendations if I was to get the tyres from somewhere near mullingar?

Advertisement