Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Many Miles do you put on your runners

• 25-07-2007 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering how often people change their shoes. Is 500 miles per pair about average? Thats roughly what I do... but sometimes I wonder if I could get longer out of them? After all, they aint cheap.

Is there anyway of testing your shoes to see if they are worn out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭Peckham

I'm sure Damien from Amphibian King will be onto this thread very soon....

My understanding is that 500 miles is at the upper end of what you can get out of runners before they start to lose support. A way to test it is to look for stress lines around the edge of the sole and try to bend the sole which shouldn't have much give in it if it has got good support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

1500:eek:, About 400. You're right they're not cheap but cheaper than physiotherapists and a joint replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭damianmckeever

As a general guideline we usually say between 500-800k's is what you should be getting out of them. It depends on a few different things, your own weight, where you're running (obviously running on grass is a bit more forgiving for the shoe too!). As Peckham mentioned it can be difficult to see if they are gone usually you should be able to feel it yourself. Compression lines in the EVA is usally a sign that they are gone.

A big heavy guy running the pavements all day isn't going to get the same mileage out of a pair of shoes as say a 7 stone athlete doing 60% of their work on the grass.

Advertisement