Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Seven Wonders of Fore

Options
  • 25-07-2007 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi,
    Is anyone here familiar with the Seven Wonders of Fore ?
    I've just written a bit about the 7 'official' wonders on my own site (http://www.monasette.com/archive/001116.html) but I was wondering if anyone from the midlands had heard about any unofficial ones (i.e. even more outlandish than the official ones).

I grew up on the other side of country Westmeath, and, when I was young, I was told that one of the Wonders was supposed to be a hill where things (e.g. cars) rolled uphill. In fact, one of the official Wonders is a river that flows uphill, and no, it doesn't.

BR,
    John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

I think another one is the water that won't boil, I used to know the little rhyme about Fore but I've forgotten it, and the tree that lives and dies every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭frecklier

There's a place near Newcastle Co. Down where cars definitely roll up a hill, or at least appear to. Have seen it myself a few times, quite amazing.

Advertisement