Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Miller Is A Hypocrite

Options
  • 25-07-2007 11:44am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The nerve of David Miller to speak out against Vino when he himself is as guilty as sin. Just like Simpson before him he is held in high regard by the British media despite being a cheat. I am disgusted with Vino but I would have thought Millar would have had more sense than to criticise in light of his recent past.:mad:

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Nothing personal Hermy, but who cares?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I do. Despite the fact that cycling appears to be dying a slow death I still love the Tour. Vino's positive test has ruined yet another Tour but I continue to watch. Millars comments just make me feel even more sickened than I might otherwise feel. For David Millar to say that the U.C.I. need to get their finger out is galling in the extreme. The people responsible for the doping problem are the dopers - not the U.C.I. The U.C.I. are left the task of finding these sneaky bastrads and they should be permitted to ban them for life if found guilty. Then Mr Millar wouldn't be around to pass judgement on his fellow cheaters!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Miller has the right to speak he came out about doping and served his time and lost his titles has helped the UCI to get it out of sport. I say fair play Miller

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Miller has the right to speak
    I'll reserve judgement on that one.
    he came out about doping
    No he got caught. He denied any involvement until testimony by one of his team mates fingered him. He kept denying it for weeks afterwards until a raid found EPO at his house. Even then he continued to deny any wrongdoing until nearly two days being interviewed by police. Yea, he really came out about doping. Given the evidence stacked against him he took long enough to "come out"
    and served his time and lost his titles
    He like others should have been banned outright.
    has helped the UCI to get it out of sport.
    Yea and we can all see how well that's going.
    I say fair play Miller
    Fair play is an interesting pair of words to apply to a very evasive cheat vainly struggling to get back a reputation.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Wibbs wrote:
    I'll reserve judgement on that one. No he got caught. He denied any involvement until testimony by one of his team mates fingered him. He kept denying it for weeks afterwards until a raid found EPO at his house. Even then he continued to deny any wrongdoing until nearly two days being interviewed by police. Yea, he really came out about doping. Given the evidence stacked against him he took long enough to "come out" He like others should have been banned outright. Yea and we can all see how well that's going. Fair play is an interesting pair of words to apply to a very evasive cheat vainly struggling to get back a reputation.

Only one problem with that is if we give life time bans we wont have any riders at all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

maybe :D Not for a while anyway, but sooner or later it would be a lot cleaner. As it is sponsorship is pulling out of major tours, TV networks aren't carrying it anymore because of the utter farce it has become. Pat mcQuaid is making lots of the right noises but it's still going on. I'm also reminded that when that Kimmage book came out McQuaid blanked him for years afterwards. For spilling the beans? Who knows? Funny though given he had managed Kimmage for a while.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement