Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gambling - wierd query (sorry)

Options
  • 25-07-2007 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

where would be a the best place to obtain graphs about betting trends,

the differnece in online gambling compared to normal gambling over the last few years.

Estimated income that the websites make

Estimated number of bets each day etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

You'd probably have to get the annual reports of the various companies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

You could try a few of the bookmakers websites, e.g. www.paddypowerplc.com and sift(sp?) through their annual report.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

This info is not easily available in any compiled form. Do you mind if I ask what you want this information for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

I can give you a few useful links.

http://www.therx.com

This is American centred

http://www.theonlinewire.com

Again, American centred.

There are a lot more gambling forums out there.

However, by their very nature, most gaming companies based offshore, accepting bets from Asia, and the United States are secretive about their operations, their turnover, bet handle, profit and loss.

I can give figures relating to the gaming industry going back to the late 1990's, which is when I started. One thing for certain, very few countries have High Street betting offices in the same nature of Ireland or England.

In my eyes, the days of the regular High Street betting office are numbered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

the reason i need this data, is i am currently doing my thesis, i created a half working gambling web site, but now i need to document and get research on th etrends of gambling and the infucent that online gambling has had over the last number of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Contact the press departments of the major bookies. Might be willing to help

Advertisement