Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

96fm rant about bikers being lunatics

• 25-07-2007 11:57am

Did anyone on hear the rant on cork 96fm this morning about bikers?
    I only caught the very end of it and heard the usual ranting about filtering and all bikers being lunatics. Did anyone hear the whole thing? Did they have any bikers on to defend bikers etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There are a few different 96FM's around the country, so I don't know which one you are talking about.

As a bike and cage pilot, I have seen an increase in idiots on 2 wheels, here in Cork there's a complete idiot who drives between Tivoli and town every morning and evening on a green Kwacker with a green lid, and he's constantly doing 110-120kph in a 50kph zone. There's another guy on an R1 who thinks it's fair game to drive flat out everywhere he goes. So, it's easy to see how 1 idiot can tar the rest of us with the same brush.

It was Cork 96 fm, on prendervilles show. I know there are a lot of muppets on two wheels around but from the little that I heard the guy who was on was calling us all lunatics. Just wanted to know if anyone was on to contradict him is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

What's the point in contradictiing an idiot?

Since the rebirth of phantom I've had the privelege of not listening to talk radio

• Registered Users Posts: 46 electricheadx

egan007 wrote:
    Since the rebirth of phantom I've had the privelege of not listening to talk radio

You said it :) Love that station....

Plenty of us that drive safe....But like everything else its the bad few that get us all tared with the same brush......:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 trixiem

Have seen him ned78, hes like a lunatic alright. But they all drive like lunativs along that road!

Have you seen the girl on the moped down tivoli direction on a moped wearing 4 inch stiletto boots or heels weaving in and out of traffic :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

trixiem wrote:
    Have you seen the girl on the moped down tivoli direction on a moped wearing 4 inch stiletto boots or heels weaving in and out of traffic :eek:

Indeedy. She looks kinda Hot ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It's ok lads, the lunacy has ended.......I finally got my 4 wheels on Tuesday :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I notice far more instance of four wheeled loonies, or simply who never ever look, yet proceed on their way without a care in the world.

There are too many cars on the road. This country will seize up.

I notice far more instance of four wheeled loonies, or simply who never ever look, yet proceed on their way without a care in the world.

There are too many cars on the road. This country will seize up.

Saw a muppet going round the wrong way in the Dunnes bishopstowncourt car park earlier today. They have a one way system in place, not that that mattered to this particular fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Stereophonic

ned78 wrote:
    Indeedy. She looks kinda Hot ;)

That's my mother :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Kenny 5 wrote:
    It's ok lads, the lunacy has ended.......I finally got my 4 wheels on Tuesday :p

the two on the bike AND 2 spares?!;)

Advertisement