Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash - Merging/Blending images together? (FADE)

Options
  • 25-07-2007 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have a very limited knowledge of Flash. It is not my friend! :( I want to make a movie which consists of 4 images blending from one to the next (like a slideshow). So far, I have created 120 frames. The 1st contains the first image, the 30th contains the 2nd image, the 60th contains the 3rd image and the 90th contains the 4th image.

Can anybody tell me how to do this please? Does it involve a motion tween? An example flash file would be even better :)

Thanks,
    Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭terry_s

it does involve motion tweens.

make each image a symbol then on frame 1 place first image then on frame 30 press F6 this will insert another a duplicate keyframe. click on the symbol in frame 30 set the alpha to none and between the two frames create motion tween.

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Thanks lads. 'Fade' was the key word I was missing in my Google searches. Got the hang of it now. Mine still looks a bit ugly. The tricky part seems to be deciding on the overlap time and the display time for each picture. I'll play around with it a bit more and see how I get on...

Thanks again,
    Brian

For the benefit of anyone else looking at this thread, I've just discovered that if I choose File -> 'New From Template', there is a PhotoSlideshow template option (Macromedia Flash version 6.0). I assume this is some kind of wizard for fading images. I'll give it that a try after lunch! It should be easier for me to adjust the timing using this wizard.

/Edit - Meh, template not as useful as I thought it would be (Plus unnecessarily complicated and unintuitive like everything in Flash!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭randombar

There's a few easier ways of making pictures fade into each other, have a look at one of my pages:
    http://www.ratemypub.ie/pub.php?pubid=301
    The code is below, I think it takes the locations of the pics from rss and then makes a slide show of em. Nice tool!
    <script type="text/javascript">
        function load() {
          var samples = "http://www.ratemypub.ie/dynamicrss.php?pubid=301,10";
          var options = {
    	numResults : 16,
            displayTime: 2000,
            transistionTime: 600,
            linkTarget : google.feeds.LINK_TARGET_BLANK,
    	scaleImages : true
          };
          new GFslideShow(samples, "LayerPubPic", options);

}
        google.load("feeds", "1");
        google.setOnLoadCallback(load);
      </script>

• Advertisement

Thanks GaryCocs, I used something like that before. In the version I used, the image locations were just typed into the <script> tag on the page itself. I found it didn't work in Firefox which is why I pursued the Flash option this time, although your obviously does work in both Firefox and IE!
    I don't know anything about RSS so I'm just gonna stick with Flash now that I've gotten my head around how to do it.

Advertisement