Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Realistic sale price

Options
  • 25-07-2007 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi,

Got a 1999 - Metallic Green Seat Toledo 110BHP 1.9TDI (Red i) Signum.
    It's the one with the fancy beige interior

126k miles, it's a VW engine so bulletproof, never any problems with it.

atm there's no tax or NCT on it, Tax is up as i wasn't using it for a while, and there's a few bits that need to be done before the NCT and i don't want to do it.

It's just had a full service etc,

there's a couple of issues with it:-

There's a few scratches on it
    Turbo hose needs to be changed as there's a split in it still a really powerful motor,
    back window wiper doesn't work,
    rear left window is a bit twitchy when it's going up or down.

what should i look at for a price for this if deciding to sell?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My guess would be around €2.5k to €3k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Carzone have them about 4-5k so realistically I would advertise for about 4k and sell for about 3,600

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

€3200 less value of repairs needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm thinking around 3

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

If you're not willing to have the car fixed, you dramatically reduce the number of potential buyers. A mechanic might be interested in it as a doer upper, but he probably won't even go €2.5k if there's a bit of work and if he senses you're desperate to sell. Plenty of fish in the sea for him

Get it sorted and NCT'd and you could easily get €4k in a private sale

• Advertisement
Advertisement