Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Portsmouth Match Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,404 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Wouldn't be overly worried.

Momo had a blinder. Had a few barnstorming runs and tackled everything in sight. Will be some celebration when he finally scores.

Alonso looks to be in better form than last season. Just looks sharper in everything he does. At least he has had a proper break this Summer.

Pennant continues to improve although I think he'll always be short of being top notch.

Kuyt had a few chances but didn't take any. In fairness he only had one really clear chance which James made a great save from. He seems to coming in for some stick from some Liverpool fans but I still think he'll get 15 odd next season.

Babel had his moments but was in and out. Had one moment when he showed fantastic close control to avoid three defenders but I think he'll need time to settle into the pace of the premiership.

Torres did well in his 30 minutes but skied a good chance over the bar although he did brilliantly to work some space for himself. Looks very quick and sharp over the first few yards which is vital for a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

too many chances missed. Torres did enough to show that he looks like he'll be putting them away, but I think Rafa will try out the Voronin-Torres partnership in Rotterdam and see how it works out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Gonna go against the grain here and say Sissoko is worse if anything. He made a couple of bumbling runs into the box but everyone and their granny knew they'd come to nothing. He ran one of them straight over the bloody byline ffs. Sure he's still an amazing athlete, ran himself ragged and tackled everything... but he made at least 3 excellent tackles only to run himself into another player and lose it straight away. From what I can see he's learned absolutely nothing from the criticism, he's trying far too hard to impress and better be sent back to the bench when Masch is available.

Apart from that... another dominating performance with nothing to show for it in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

PHB wrote:
    I honestly can't remember the last time Liverpool lost penos, even in a friendly.
    Lost to Wimbledon in the League Cup on pens a couple of years after the FA Cup final defeat - so I think its the first loss in over 15 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lex Luthor wrote:
    too many chances missed. Torres did enough to show that he looks like he'll be putting them away, but I think Rafa will try out the Voronin-Torres partnership in Rotterdam and see how it works out

Maybe against Shanghai, but even still it being Rottendam, id say theres still a decent chance of Kuyt being the main man.

He'll definately start against Feyenord, so hopefully we can get lucky and see Voronin and Torres for an hour against Shanghai with Kuyt coming on for one of them then for the crowd.

Advertisement