Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers Movie plotholes and mistakes! (CONTAINS SPOILERS!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,975 ✭✭✭✭Stark

faceman wrote:
    * If the transformers can fly through the freezin cold of space, how come they can freeze in ice on earth or with those freeze guns sector 7 had?

There's no atmosphere in space so no convection currents and they only lose heat through radiation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Galvasean wrote:
    The government wouldn't employ him because he was from a black middle class neighbourhood.

And he was annoying (plus he ate all the doughnuts)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

faceman wrote:
    i found a mistake. Sam says that his granfather was in the doin his search in the artic in 1897 but when frenzy finds the paper on air force 1 the date is 1895.

That's because he was more interested in flogging his grandfather's (or was it great grandfather) memorbilia than getting his facts right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I thought the power of the Allspark fixed Bumblebees voice when he shrunk it

How did Bumblebees legs get fixed? Did ratchet fix them or did they usethe allspark fragment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,975 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I thought we'd see him transform into an electric wheelchair at the end of the film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

How did Bumblebees legs get fixed? Did ratchet fix them or did they usethe allspark fragment?

i think they were prosthetic legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Here's one, what the hell happened to Barricade? I remember seeing him converging on the city as Starscream rallies the decepticons but then nothing happens, i was very confused by his disapperance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

Here's one, what the hell happened to Barricade? I remember seeing him converging on the city as Starscream rallies the decepticons but then nothing happens, i was very confused by his disapperance.

yeah and also I thought BumbleBee killed him earlier?? :confused:

Heres another, how the hell did the Deceptions get to earth without being noticed, whereas Bumblebee was spotted landing in the comic prequel by Sector 7 and the other Autobots caused a huge display when they landed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Heres another, how the hell did the Deceptions get to earth without being noticed, whereas Bumblebee was spotted landing in the comic prequel by Sector 7 and the other Autobots caused a huge display when they landed

erm, they are better at being sneaky?

This movie had alot of mistakes for me, one of the main ones was with Bumblebee and the Allspark. When Frenzy sees the allspark , its repair him. Bumblebee looses his legs and picks up the allspark and hands it to Sam. There is no repair.

Also Barricade goes Awol, will there be an extended version in the DVD were we see what happens ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 smoothy

During when sam gets chased by the dogs he throws his car keys at the bumblebee, he never gets access to the car again and later on when hes getting chased by the mustang and close lines that hot girl on the bike he tries to start the car again near the warehouses with the keys in the car. there shouldnt be any keys in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CaptainCharisma

I honestly think that Barricade is a double agent, most likely Prowl in disguise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

If only they had that much Creativity.
    But alas no.
    Saw the movie in tescos. But left it onthe shelf so someone can buy it as a crimbo present for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

MarkHall wrote: »
    If only they had that much Creativity.
    But alas no.
    Saw the movie in tescos. But left it onthe shelf so someone can buy it as a crimbo present for me.

Got it as a Birthday pressie myself, good to see it again. If you watch to the very end of the movie there is another menu with the original TF teaser trailer and a trailer for the new Iron Man movie too. Pretty good!

faceman wrote: »
    * If the transformers can fly through the freezin cold of space, how come they can freeze in ice on earth or with those freeze guns sector 7 had?

Well I assume those guns were developed using the same artic ice that would have frozen Megatron which, considering he landed on earth so long ago, would have been stronger ice with less carbon pollution and CFCs so all they had to do was harness the ice at the strength it was where they found him
    * Why did the glasses get bigger when prime picked them up?

Because if they had not had it would have looked ridiculous
    * How was bumblebee able to speak at the end of the film? When was he fixed????

He was fixed by Rachet while they recovered from the battle
    * Why did the military want the allspark moved to a city at risk to millions of people?

They wanted to move it to an area where they could signal for a chopper
    * how come a nerd hacker at home could crack blackouts soundbyte yet the best minds and resources in the american government could not?

Because nerd hackers rule the day, have you seen Die Hard 4?
    * is prime megatrons brother?

Brother in Arms
    * considering how easy a transformer can kill another one, how come they survived this long??

Because they all avoided each other, the Decepticons only wanted to find their leader, the Autobots just wanted to keep the Spark hidden. And they'd all been looking in different places of the universe for the All Spark
    SofaKing wrote: »
    Why didn't Frenzy just use the eBay "Buy it Now" option for Ladysman217's glasses ? :eek:

Because it wouldnt have been a good movie

I honestly think that Barricade is a double agent, most likely Prowl in disguise.

In the comic and (apparently) the deleted scenes Barricade is killed by Optimus Prime shortly after he kills Brawl. In the theatrical version this doesnt happen and theres no explanation as to why. Apparently Michael Bay loved this character immensly because he loved the idea of a Transformers police car, perhaps he didnt want to see him die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Caboose

Ok so these may not be plotholes but..........

1) Prime has eyelashes!!!! WTF!!!!

2) Also the face mask that he has on in battle mode should be on permanently. looks sooooooo much better.

3) Megatron?????

Nuff said really.

From a fan of Prime since he was a humble Orion Pax

Caboose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Sorry if this is a repeat but...

The biggest plot hole was the absence of a plot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

lee_arama wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a repeat but...

The biggest plot hole was the absence of a plot.
    Shoots and Scores.My newphew has watched this all weekend. It's been Horrible. the more I see the More I have issue with it.
    The battered looking robot modes. Being all shiney once they turn into Cars. GAH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Mark if it's any consolation I find that watching the animated movie from '87 cheers me right up!

Was talking to Wildfur about 2 years ago and we were delighted that one half (Furman) was going to be involved. Pity it didn't pan out in the end.

Bay has promised ot do Soundwave properly in the sequel and that he'd better do or there'll be slaps thrown. And Jar Jar Frenzy had better not be in it.

Advertisement