Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop DJ question

• 25-07-2007 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at getting a Behringer BCD 2000 or 3000 and doing the old laptop thing but I'm pretty much disgusted at the prices. Other than Audiocity, do you guys know of anywhere that stocks these in Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Not offhand,

Are you looking to try one out ??

I toyed with the 2000 when it came out and wasnt impressed with the build quality - it felt like ummm ..a toy ..like the m-audio x-session, the 3000 looks to be the same with USB 2.0 and mac compatibility.

If you want somthing with REALLY decent build quality that will last I can highly endorse the "Kontrol DJ", its AMAZING @ 350 inc shipping !!! and the support is great.

If you had the cash maybe the vestax vci-100

If you dont want to spash the cash .. BCD 2000 on www.thomann.de @ 145 euro or 222 euro for the 3000.

They generally will ship it to ya within 4-5 days.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Mate don't get the BCD2000 - spend the extra few quid and get the BCD3000 - it has a lot of bug fixes and comes with Tracktor which is ten times better than the B-DJ sortware that comes with the BCD2000

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

deevey wrote:
    If you want somthing with REALLY decent build quality that will last I can highly endorse the "Kontrol DJ", its AMAZING @ 350 inc shipping !!! and the support is great

I've seen this once before but didn't think much of it, but I have read some pretty good things. Do you have one? How is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Woods

I'd highly recommend Thomann, been buying stuff off it for years. I hate to say it but, don't waste your time and money buying anything in Dublin........as with almost everything in this beautiful city.............it's a fookin rip off.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

+1 for thomann. You'd be mad not to.
    Mr woods, by any chance are you the same mr woods who has a residency in a particular 'disco' in dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Woods

Mr woods, by any chance are you the same mr woods who has a residency in a particular 'disco' in dublin?

'Fraid not :) (There's another Mr Woods...........I'm horrifed !!)

deevey wrote:
    If you want somthing with REALLY decent build quality that will last I can highly endorse the "Kontrol DJ", its AMAZING @ 350 inc shipping !!! and the support is great.

If you had the cash maybe the vestax vci-100
    Deevey, which is better, the Vestax or the Kontrol DJ? Is it worth the extra money for the vestax? Thinking of getting one of them, not sure which, let me know what you think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Mr Woods wrote:
    'Fraid not :) (There's another Mr Woods...........I'm horrifed !!)

off the topic but does anyone remember the DJ Mrs Wood from the early to mid 90's?? Anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

off the topic but does anyone remember the DJ Mrs Wood from the early to mid 90's?? Anyway...
    Yup. Certainly do. Think I have one of her tracks, "Joanna" IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Kontrol DJ is great .. Vs the vestax VCI 100 ... im not too sure .. they look about on par and build quality ..umm on par .. pricewise vestax is more but you get touch sensitive jog wheels.

However the jog wheels on kontrol dj are uber georgous to use and everything feels like it will just ... last. They feel a little like intimidation mixers with similar attention to detail electronically.

They guy who builds them isnt shy about the specs or componants he uses in them, if your looking for info highly reccommend asking on their support site.

So far im impressed with the flexibility and size vs the vestax, and as I've mentioned on another thread, im not a fan of first gen vestax gear but would welcome the opportunity to try them side by side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

BaZmO* wrote:
    Yup. Certainly do. Think I have one of her tracks, "Joanna" IIRC.

Likewise, as do I. I like the bassline, so simple yet deep, of the Original Edit. Also have the Whitewood Mix of "1 2 3 4".

Advertisement