Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting rid of an old car, help needed !!

Options
  • 25-07-2007 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all,

i'm currently in the process of changing my car. I have a Toyota Corolla which I really need to get rid of and would accept any kind of offer for it. It's 1993 and has 125k on the clock.

I'm not too hopefull of selling it privately so I'm wondering if there's any garage type places that buy oldish cars for spares, parts etc.

Any help would be much appreciated..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Do toyota not have an elv programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Try www.adverts.ie and www.buyandsell.net

Both are free and you'll never know who might call!

You won't get more than a couple of hundred from a trader, so I'd try the above first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Roz, if its in reasonable order it should make 800/900e. Take a pic and stick it in adverts.ie. You never know !!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If the car is mechanically sound and the bodywork is grand then you should be able to get a few hundred quid for it. Alot of people out there looking for cheap motors.

I would only break it for parts as a last resort to be honest. Most scrap yards will give you feck all for it and will charge you for toeing it away to boot. Upside is that there are still plenty of these Corollas driving around so used spare parts are still wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

That's fairly low mileage for such a Corolla.

You'll sell that no bother at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

cheers all. had a bit of interest from adverts.ie. thing is the nct runs out at the end of this month. found another car so don't want to bother with the nct. what do you think i should do?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Do you reckon it will fail for something serious? If not then it might be worth sending it through the NCT. It will make it more appealing to a potential buyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

no i'm pretty sure there's a few small things wrong with it. but nothing major.

Advertisement