Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windscreen Wipers

Options
  • 25-07-2007 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,

i own a 95 peugoet 106 that needs new wipers.
    Question 1.) does this have to be done in a garage? if so can anybody recommend a place in south dublin city around the rathmines/ballsbridge areas and how much is it likely to cost?

Question 2.) if it doesn't have to be done in a garage how do i know what wipers to buy and where would i get them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Any branch of Advance will do this while you wait. Alternatively, you can just buy a set in your local motor factors and fit them yourself. Wipers are relatively simple to remove and refit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

oisin_reme wrote:
    Hi,

i own a 95 peugoet 106 that needs new wipers.
    Question 1.) does this have to be done in a garage? if so can anybody recommend a place in south dublin city around the rathmines/ballsbridge areas and how much is it likely to cost?

Question 2.) if it doesn't have to be done in a garage how do i know what wipers to buy and where would i get them?

Thanks

Question 1 - ans = NO
    Question 2 - ans = Halfords will do them and i believe they will also fit them. But you can get them in any motor factor for ~20-25€ - fitting them is not that difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Lidl do windscreen wipers for about 3-4 Euro a pair every so often. They're no worse than the motor factor ones and at that price you could afford to buy a new pair every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

oisin_reme wrote:
    if it doesn't have to be done in a garage how do i know what wipers to buy and where would i get them?

Halfords have little flip charts of each car make and model, and the corresponding code for the wipers. Just go to the store, look up your car and find the right box. They'll fit them if you want, but it's not hard to do yourself (no tools needed).

Alternatively, the ones you get in most motor factors will have the makes and models listed on a chart on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

oisin_reme wrote:

Thanks
    Just tell them what car you have and the motor factors will give you the correct ones. Before doing anything, hold them up against the ones on the car to make sure they're the correct length.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

JoeySully wrote:
    Question 1 - ans = NO
    Question 2 - ans = Halfords will do them and i believe they will also fit them. But you can get them in any motor factor for ~20-25€ - fitting them is not that difficult

I bought Halfords own brand wipers for my Mégane and they skip across the windscreen making a horrible noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not sure about the 106 but the 407 requires special type wiper blades that only Peugeot dealers apparently stock. :rolleyes:

Try your local motor factors or Halfords, most of them will bring them out to the car and fit them there if your not sure about the size or type of blade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭UsedtobePC

I got mine from Micksgarage.ie. Halfords didn't have 12in own-brand wipers and the Bosch ones were about 30 quid each. I got Valeo wipers and I'm very happy with them. Postage included I saved about 15 Euro and got them delivered by courier to my place. Sweet!

Advertisement