Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Service on 00 A4

Options
  • 25-07-2007 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I'm just wondering whether it is worth taking my 00 A4 to a main dealer for servicing. I always have up to now but as I have posted before, I wasn't happy with the quality of work done in Belgard or Annesley for the money they charge. Although Brady's seem to come out better from what I've read here.

I have a 1.8T Quattro version needing another service now with 80k on the clock. Brakes & exhaust need attention this time. Any recommendations or thoughts as to best way to go would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Personally I wouldn't bring a 7 year old car to a main dealer. Any decent independent garage should be able to do the job. And it will save you a heap of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pickledfish

Thanks. You have confirmed what I was thinking myself.

Any recommendations for a good garage to carry out his work? My preference would be for someone that would be good with working on the turbo and ECU. Perhaps this is common place?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

PM sent................

Advertisement