Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want to help me design a Logo for Poker Tables Ireland

Options
  • 25-07-2007 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've attemped 2 logo designs here they are

42386.jpg
    and
    logo.gif

But I'm not to sure about them, I would be greatful if any of you could design something or give some pointers. This is not a massive company just a start up for myself, So any help would be great,

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Now this is only an idea, I like your two designs but, IMO, maybe if you change the colour scheme. Maybe something like a colour associated with poker (Green, Red, Black, etc). I personally find blue to be very clinical, very commerical / enterprise type colour. Here's just a rough idea.

untitled1copysd7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

ya i know what you mean, Nice idea,

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think you need something different and unique. Most poker sites go with the same colours/theme. I personally think you need to bring in a better "poker image" (lots of different stuff used in poker) and try different colours. Also remember, the logo should blend in well with your website. :)

PS: I prefer the first logo to the second logo. BUT. I wouldn't personally use either. I prefer the layout of image two, but the style of image one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Don't have the time this evening to do anything, but how about a shamrock with a King Card in the middle, and two bitches (Queens) either side. I don't know maybe rotate and copy the shamrocks in a cirlce and encircle them to make a table, but make the table a poker chip (green white and orange obv.)

You could arc the text over this to read POKER TABLES IRELAND around the logo or something. I may do something tomorrow on it and post it up here, if I get the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'd capitilise the i in ireland so it looks like I.

The first one from the OP looks very similar to boylesports, I think, the way the text looks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

How about going with a cards color scheme like this

648718422095498365271831_logo.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

What about something along the lines of ...

poker_tables_forbairt.jpg

Yes I know .. the reflective thing has been overdone everywhere ... :D ... but .... the other logo doesn't really appeal to me ...I've not included PTI anywhere on that one though ... so if its going to be the main "logo" ... I'd dump it into a chip ... hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

forbairt wrote:
    What about something along the lines of ...

poker_tables_forbairt.jpg

Yes I know .. the reflective thing has been overdone everywhere ... :D ... but .... the other logo doesn't really appeal to me ...I've not included PTI anywhere on that one though ... so if its going to be the main "logo" ... I'd dump it into a chip ... hmm...
    That looks quite good, maybe a bit generically commercial though (just a thought)? When you mention chips I think of a stack of chips slightly off balance, giving the impression of win or lose by their implied instability. A gamble type thing maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

They are cool guys, keep them coming

Love you idea Forbairt, Looks great,

Advertisement