Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

good value?

Options
  • 25-07-2007 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

hi,

im looking for a car between 10-14k , 1.4-1.6 . do you think this is a good value? low mileage too

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=669409

im looking for a 3 door, would get a 4/5 door if it looks ok e.g. altezza (not into modded cars would prefer unmodified)..anyone got any advice or cars in mind?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A little pricey imho. Revenue values it @ c.€11k.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭easyontheeye

really! and there are older cars priced more expensive too. ah my head is wrecked , i dont know what to get.

does anyone know if an Audi A3 is expensive to service and maintain?

the mazda 3 saloon looks interesting...anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Golfs have always been overpriced imo. Have a look on www.adverts.ie, there are people asking for €7.5k to €8k for 7 year old basic model Golfs. :eek:

The Golf and A3 are basically the same car underneath so parts should cost around the same. Smallest engine in the A3 is 1.6 litre though. The difference also is that the Audi dealer might charge more per hour in labour to fit the part than a VW dealer.

Nothing wrong with the Mazda 3, they are very reliable and are generally cheaper to buy. GLX models are very well equipped too with later models having air conditioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

bazz26 wrote:
    Golfs have always been overpriced imo. Have a look on www.adverts.ie, there are people asking for €7.5k to €8k for 7 year old basic model Golfs. :eek:
    ..and worse again, some people will actually pay that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bazz26 wrote:

The Golf and A3 are basically the same car underneath so parts should cost around the same. Smallest engine in the A3 is 1.6 litre though. The difference also is that the Audi dealer might charge more per hour in labour to fit the part than a VW dealer.

Are all Audi dealers not also VW dealers? sorry, not too up on German cars!

colm_mcm wrote:
    Are all Audi dealers not also VW dealers? sorry, not too up on German cars!

Indeed most are but hourly labour rates may vary. I doubt a 1.6 Golf service would cost the same as a 1.6 A3 service though but I am open to correction.

your right the the golf is way over priced, i think ill stay clear of golf and audi,

im tied between

Mazda 3 saloon
    opel astra sportshatch
    Toyota Altezza...afraid till will hurt me on petrol though

....decisions!!! head is melted!!

your right the the golf is way over priced, i think ill stay clear of golf and audi,

im tied between

Mazda 3 saloon
    opel astra sportshatch

....decisions!!! head is melted!!

Altezza is 2.0 litre only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

im tied between

Mazda 3 saloon
    opel astra sportshatch

If you haven't already... testdrive them all. The answer should become pretty obvious afterwards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement