Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions needed please

• 25-07-2007 4:52pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭

I am thinking of reorganising the "What's happening" sticky to be listed by club/organiser rather than by day. I think this would be easy to follow and would have the advantage that it would not be disjointed and clubs/organisers could give details of any cash or tourney leagues etc in this section as well.

The downside is that it wouldn't be grouped by day obviously and would take a bit more scrolling to find out all options for a particular day.

I have added a poll as well, but feel free to post opinions. It is not necessarily a binding poll result, but it will be an influencing decision. If for example 90% of votes went to changing it or leaving it then it would be followed, but if it is close, then some of the points presented would be used to make up my mind.

Do you think the Tournie schedule sticky should be ordered by: 40 votes

Day
    0%
    Club/Organiser
    72%
    mewsoRasTaNeVeRIagoBigDragonollyk1shoutmansmurphocallagh5pin5Whynocarfaxditpokerbell_boyFlipperMr.Plough[DM] FrinkLazareGoodluck2meJesus Wept 29 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    27%
    LafortezzaCoillte_Bhoycharlesantokincsem5starpooljacQuesEl StuntmanShadowlessblackbeardbottom feederPeadar06 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jacQues

Atari Jaguar
    5starpool wrote:
    I am thinking of reorganising the "What's happening" sticky to be listed by club/organiser rather than by day. I think this would be easy to follow and would have the advantage that it would not be disjointed and clubs/organisers could give details of any cash or tourney leagues etc in this section as well.
    By location would make most sense to me. Dublin / Cork / Galway / other or something. There's no point looking for a game only to find out its being held 200 KM away. In line of what you are doing it would be by club/organiser obviously. Although there are one or two organisers that travel a bit, it will do fine.

jacQues
    (preparing hamster)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Lazare

Club/Organiser
    Personally Dom I like the way it is. I like the way you can just go to a particular day and see straight away what's on everywhere.

Admit it, you're just bored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Club/Organiser
    I like the day too Dom and think its great the way you are setting it up.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Atari Jaguar
    Hmmm, I was hoping for more responses to this. Personally I think it would be better for organisers and easier to update if it were done by club/organiser, but I'll leave it as it is for now I spose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Club/Organiser
    5starpool wrote:
    Hmmm, I was hoping for more responses to this. Personally I think it would be better for organisers and easier to update if it were done by club/organiser, but I'll leave it as it is for now I spose.

I actually like that its not done by organisers but by punters who are out there spotting changes to structures (back pedalling on good structured tournies seems to be rife around Dublin). I have done this in the past by pm but maybe if its done publicly by adding to the thread it might let people know that the list is being constantly kept uptodate (maybe it should be stamped as correct upto a certain date to allay peoples fears on this)

I think people should be encouraged to post changes as and when they see them (good and bad). I know its a bit of work for an already busy mod but it is a better solution in the long run and if an organiser has a problem with the info or thinks its inaccurate they won't be long about telling you if its too their detriment.

The only real problems with the thread as it currently stands is

1 Problem: its a little tricky to read and understand if you are new to it.
    Solution: Make an effort you lazy fúckers!! :rolleyes: How much spoonfeeding do ye want! :rolleyes: :p

2. Problem: Newbies don't know the list exists and have trouble getting their minds around the fact that an answer to their request may already be on the board in front of their eyes..
    Solution: Patience grasshopper they'll learn...and be replaced by new ones... :D

3. Problem: People want answers to questions like, how many runners does it get?, what's the standard like?, will it be good "craic"? did my mammy love me enough as a child?
    Solution: All such questions should be answered by a curt and yet helpful suggestion of "Get off your chair in front of pc/laptop and get yourself into a game and find out!" One persons good craic is another persons abuse/speechplay, go to a game and find out for yourself because opinions vary and thats the beauty of playing live in different clubs and venues.
    No one can really answer these questions without bias imho. And no your mammy probably didn't love you enough. Move on.

As for cash leagues, bad beat jackpots, promotions, bigger than usual tournies, satellites etc I think for those kind of things it's going to be very hard to keep up unless the promotor comes on here and posts the info up. No one thread can hope to capture that sort of thing imo and if we didn't have those sort of posts and happenings there would be hardly any need for a tournie organiser subforum at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭[DM] Frink

Club/Organiser
    unfortunetly jeff has a point i think it should be done by days easier to navigate

Club/Organiser
    Need more voting......Dom you gonna change it to days?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think with a liittle effort you could organise it by days - location - club in that order. The days is a must imo as most people will search the thread based on a given day that they want to play. Location is next important as they want something accessible, and then by club as they can see the different tournaments/structures etc.

Club/Organiser
    you never voted

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Atari Jaguar
    It is already done by day, and although I would prefer it done te other way I will leave it at days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement