Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cellulite

• 25-07-2007 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Does anything work? My legs have turned to peaks and valleys of cottage cheese and orange peel.
    I refuse to buy cream, I simply don't see how rubbing cream on yourself can break down fat cells. I know about the dry skin brushing etc, but does anyone have any success stories?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 goldielocks05

no creams really help... but if u have fat thighs i'd advise you to use bio-oil as it tightens yr skin to avoid saggy skin....use shower scrub as it increase the circulation in yr thighs.. drink loads of water and fruit thats high in water.. and exercises for yr thighs.. it doesn't cost anything to get it off but costs a lot more to get it there!!!! keep away from take aways and high in sugar foods.. good luck:) ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

some exercises you could try are squats and lunges...they're great for upper thighs and bum and will deffo work on the cellulite!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I totally agree with Malteaser. I had a bit of cellulite, not horrendous but as soon as I started squating and walking lunges it only took about 4 weeks to disappear completely. I do weights about twice a week for an hour or so each time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

How many of each do you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Can you describe how you do squats and lunges?? Would like to give that a shot if it works in 4 weeks or so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Squats:
    Stand up straight
    Put your feet shoulder length apart
    Stick your butt back in a seating position (like push your butt back)
    Bend your legs
    Keep your back straight (not as in straight up, just keep it straight like let it go into the position that it'll go when you are squatting, just don't curve it or anything)

Repeat as necessary!

Lunges:
    Stand up straight
    Step forward on say right foot until your left foot is on it's toes (as in how far you can move forward without moving your left foot forward)
    Your lower leg then should be perpendicular to your thigh
    Then kneel with the other leg
    Repeat with left foot etc

You should be able to find pictures on google if you just search for it though, I probably explained them crap there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

www.exrx.net shows clips of how to do these exercises (and about a zillion more). It's probably worth getting someone who knows what they're doing to show you the first time. At the very least have a mirror to check your form. Doing the exercise corrrectly is more important than really heavy weights at first. I started doing 10 repeats of each exercise and doing that 3 times. Now I mix things up a bit. When I do really havy things I do 6 repeats twice and when I do lighter stuff I do 15x4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

lunges and squats are definitely the way to go.

I think the idea of the anti-cellulite creams are that you are massaging the area therefore you are helping to disperse the cellulite and enable it to breakdown hence draining away through the lymphatic system.

Advertisement