Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3pay- what will work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Ok ta mcguyver will check that out...

I decided to login to the mobile web based version for the moment. Will look into the java thing later heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

mcguyver wrote:
    Can you try the gmail aplication and see how ya get on?

sorry where do i get the gmail application - i was just using pop3 for gmail! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

sorry where do i get the gmail application - i was just using pop3 for gmail! :o

Go to http://m.gmail.com to get the java app.

or maybe try opera mini etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

tallus wrote:
    I'm downloading it as we speak! Sweetness :) Last time I tried to it wouldnt work :)

Oh! The fact that it's possible to download the app at all on 3pay now, should be evidence enough that data connections within the app will also work, methinks? Will pick up a Nokia 6151 on 3pay later today if the mobile BB is the same on pre- and billpay now. :)

• Advertisement

mcguyver wrote:
    Go to http://m.gmail.com to get the java app.

went to http://m.gmail.com - just gave me option to login to gmail - no mention of downloading an application. Am i missing something? logged into gmail no problem though...

went to http://m.gmail.com - just gave me option to login to gmail - no mention of downloading an application. Am i missing something? logged into gmail no problem though...

http://www.gmail.com/app is the right URL for the Java app.

yep, google application working perfectly!! and fast loading of webpages too. they have obviously changed things.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

yep, google application working perfectly!! and fast loading of webpages too. they have obviously changed things.

Sweet! :)

Can you try opera mini?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Will Opera mini work?

I have my old 6280 and found that the web application on it was useless. I am going to give it to my girlfriend with the 3pay sim they gave me but there is no point if she cannot browse the web.

Will Opera mini work?

I have my old 6280 and found that the web application on it was useless. I am going to give it to my girlfriend with the 3pay sim they gave me but there is no point if she cannot browse the web.

I suppose it will work, but I havent tried myself. If Gmail application works, then in theory the Opera mini should also work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Can somebody check if it's still using a proxy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Will Opera mini work?
    Yes can someone find this out please, I'm only with vodafone because they allow opera but they are way overpriced, if 3 now allow opera I'm definitely switching to them. I can buy a 100mb bundle for 5euro with 3pay.

rc28 wrote:
    Yes can someone find this out please, I'm only with vodafone because they allow opera but they are way overpriced, if 3 now allow opera I'm definitely switching to them. I can buy a 100mb bundle for 5euro with 3pay.
    Just downloaded and installed Opera Mini 3.1.2 for my V3x, It runs 6 network tests after installation, and sadly, mine failed it :/. Before it runs the "network" test I see This: URL:beta.opera-mini.net:1080. and "Use data network?" I selected the radio button entitled: Yes, ask once, and then went to install. Tried with Opera Mini 4 beta too and it also failed.
    I'll mess around with it for a bit longer. Don't know a lot about the 3 settings tho.

Strange. I am trying the Gmail app on a brand new N6151 now and it wont work. I can download the app alright but then get this message that this program needs a data connection. Seems as if the proxy is still there, something like widerweb.net - too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭apollodjs

flodis79 wrote:
    Strange. I am trying the Gmail app on a brand new N6151 now and it wont work. I can download the app alright but then get this message that this program needs a data connection. Seems as if the proxy is still there, something like widerweb.net - too bad.

Have you configured the access point in the nokia?

apollodjs wrote:
    Have you configured the access point in the nokia?
    Not much you can configure really. It's not possible to add new APNs in this phone so I just use the preconfigured one, 3ireland.ie, and through that one it does not work.

Poster who wrote here that data within the Gmail app works - was that what you meant or just that it was possible to download the Gmail app, but that then you were stuck?

Also, when I try to download Opera Mini from the operamini.com page, it says invalid file format when the download is finished.

I managed to download AFT, but cannot use data within the program.

On another note, am I correct in that once the data bundles have been used up, I will get a message that they are, and that I have to buy a new bundle to use more data, or will it be priced at a per-kb rate after that? I find it difficult to keep track of my usage, when the Nokia data log covers all data, even things that do not come out of the bundle, such as watch free streaming news videos and browing to My3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

flodis79 wrote:

have you changed the language to English (US) in your gmail account settings?

ablelocks wrote:
    have you changed the language to English (US) in your gmail account settings?

Yes I have, long ago. Have used the gmail java app in another phone for a long time already. Other suggestions? :)

• Advertisement

Maybe this is a nokia issue I have a nokia and to use any of these I need to add the internet APN but when I use my Sony Ericsson I can just use the normall wap configuration to use them etc. I read somewhere that nokia are aware of this and are not going to do anything about it. I could be way off track though can anyone else test this with a different phone.

@podgeandrodge
    What phone are you using mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

flodis79 wrote:
    Yes I have, long ago. Have used the gmail java app in another phone for a long time already. Other suggestions? :)

Well then I will escalate that issue to the Technical Department, sir. We will have a response in 24-48 hours. Have a nice day, and thank you for calling 3 Customer Services.

It seems as if some persons can access https sites with 3pay now.. I cannot... Very disappointing. I was buying a 3pay handset yesterday because the information here in the thread was that https worked, and that some Java apps worked. Now, this seems to be wrong, at least on my handset, nokia 6151. It migh be true that the proxy is faster than before, but I cannot judge that since this is my first time to use 3pay, but for sure is, that the changes in the way the proxy bars non-http pages, is still thee. Also, skweezer.net does not work on my phone. I get the error "the page you have attempted to view is unavailable"........ Still a very limited experience.

mcguyver wrote:
    @podgeandrodge
    What phone are you using mate?

the N95. I downloaded AND installed the GMail application and it is working fine. I also accessed aib internet banking and logged in no problem.
    if anyone wants me to try a specific site that they CAN'T access post it here and I will try.

edit:
    flodis79 wrote:
    Also, skweezer.net does not work on my phone.

tried this and no problem - some sort of search site.
    flodis79 wrote:
    On another note, am I correct in that once the data bundles have been used up, I will get a message that they are, and that I have to buy a new bundle to use more data, or will it be priced at a per-kb rate after that? .

i'm also concerned about this as I would have guessed that my 100mb was used up - but no message so far - mind you no deductions from my call credit either...

But I don't get this.... We both use Nokia phones.. APN 3ireland.ie... And still we end up with different result... What is going on ?? So I suppose that when you browse, it never goes through the widerweb proxy, and that you don't have to click "click here" to continue every time you want to load a page?

interesthing ring 3 customer care and ask them to have a look did you register and do all that crap.

Talk to 3

mcguyver wrote:
    interesthing ring 3 customer care and ask them to have a look did you register and do all that crap.
    I did verify my age in the 3shop yesterday. Then the added the bundle about 30 mins later, and it worked straight away, but through the proxy. Then there was a technical fault around midnight yesterday, but it was back again this morning.

what i can tell you is that before "everything got fixed" any bookmarks that i had saved - which i can still see - went through this "spiderweb" or "widerweb" - but now when i type in the same website and save it as a bookmark it does not go through the proxy - the bookmark is exactly the url of the website..

what i can tell you is that before "everything got fixed" any bookmarks that i had saved - which i can still see - went through this "spiderweb" or "widerweb" - but now when i type in the same website and save it as a bookmark it does not go through the proxy - the bookmark is exactly the url of the website..

Here too. Exactly the same as the website url, no prefix at all.

EDIT: No this was wrong, when I check my bookmarks now, they all have the widerweb prefix, and a long line of digits in the end.

• Advertisement

I posted a link above you can chat to them online see what they have to say.

Just chatting away to them there now they say sites are only blocked if age verification isn't set up so maybe check this out again did you ring them to set it up I read somewhere in the thread that you need to do it in shop and on the phone.

Advertisement