Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3pay- what will work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

mcguyver wrote:
    I posted a link above you can chat to them online see what they have to say.

Just chatting away to them there now they say sites are only blocked if age verification isn't set up so maybe check this out again did you ring them to set it up I read somewhere in the thread that you need to do it in shop and on the phone.

Nah, I'm sure the age verification thing is setup cos I can browse anywhere on http. Wouldn't be possible if it's not verified, right? Even www.siliconrepublic.com and the likes wouldn't work out if not age verified right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

Don't know mate they just told me nothing is blocked its just like bill pay so maybe ring them and see if they messed up some settings.

To answerer your other question about extra bandwidth here is the answerer I got..

"If you finish with the available bundle for Eg : - 100MB's before the end of the month every MB that you use will be €0.49c extra...The bundle of 100MB's will be given every month..."

He also said X series is on the way very soon for bill pay and webtext is on the cards too.

mcguyver wrote:
    Don't know mate they just told me nothing is blocked its just like bill pay so maybe ring them and see if they messed up some settings.

I called 333 and they said allow up to 24 hours for the service to be activated... It just seems strange that it will work even the first 24 hours, but via proxy. The boldchat just said that it might be handset incompatibility and that they couldnt take responsibility for any third party software. I told them that I know other people who can use it, but on my handset, it's just not working. Will let it be until this evening, when it has gone 24 hours since age verification and activation of mobile BB.

Cool keep us posted dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

mcguyver wrote:
    To answerer your other question about extra bandwidth here is the answerer I got..

"If you finish with the available bundle for Eg : - 100MB's before the end of the month every MB that you use will be €0.49c extra...The bundle of 100MB's will be given every month..."

That would worry me as I was told I would get a message when I was near my limit. From what you have been told you could be wasting away your credit and not even know about it…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I got onto the 3 chat thing and asked for help and when I asked about why I couldn't get opera mini to work here's the answer I got: "Well when you connect throught the different application it requires the proxy number, and we do not have the proxy number"
    End of story...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Tallus, opera minis working for me now. Get them to 'update your profile'. It seemed to work for me. Last night every site had the widerweb prefix but today they dont and operas working. Im using it to post this :)

Tallus, opera minis working for me now. Get them to 'update your profile'. It seemed to work for me. Last night every site had the widerweb prefix but today they dont and operas working. Im using it to post this :)
    Cheers Commander, I'll give them a call :)
    *edit*
    Called 3 and got the same old sh1te, because it's not a 3 sanctioned application there's nothing they can do to help me. The guy I spoke to said I'd have to go into the 3 store if I wanted to update my profile. :/ Typical bull**** 3, god I miss o2 customer care.

Did they say what to update the profile TO? Funny that last week I had some problems with access to 3pay internet - maybe they updated my profile without telling me...

Commander, you are on 3pay I presume. Have you figured out how to monitor your allowance or did you go for a higher plan than the 100mb one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

S-fúcking-weet! What exactly do you mean by update your profile? Was that to do with the age verification?

Tallus, call again and ask them to 'escalate it to the technical team'. They know very slightly more. The reason they were updating my profile was to verify my age so maybe ask them to remove the verification and add it again

@ podgeandrodge, i am on 3pay. Well ive had a 3pay sim card in a drawer for about a year. I wouldnt say im ON it. I dont think there is a way to check your usage. I used to be able to do it on bill pay but the option isnt there on 3pay. if it was possible to do i'd assume the info would be in the same place on bill and pre pay but this is 3 we're talking about

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Tallus, call again and ask them to 'escalate it to the technical team'. They know very slightly more. The reason they were updating my profile was to verify my age so maybe ask them to remove the verification and add it again

Cool I have to go in today and verify my age again as yer-wan said she would do it and obviously never got round to it (it was nearly closing time and they were trying to get the doors shut).
    She also told me that you have to verify every month (contrary to what several other staff have told me) because if a paedo steals my phone he could use it to molest children or something which is a bit stupid because if my phone was stolen I'd get it blocked and have my number put on a new phone.

Cool I have to go in today and verify my age again as yer-wan said she would do it and obviously never got round to it (it was nearly closing time and they were trying to get the doors shut).
    She also told me that you have to verify every month (contrary to what several other staff have told me) because if a paedo steals my phone he could use it to molest children or something which is a bit stupid because if my phone was stolen I'd get it blocked and have my number put on a new phone.
    its not the fault of the people in the shop. my verification was lost twice, ie i was verified one day and not the next. it seems that if you let the add-on lapse your verification lapses too. its not a security thing, its a technical issue

its not the fault of the people in the shop. my verification was lost twice, ie i was verified one day and not the next. it seems that if you let the add-on lapse your verification lapses too. its not a security thing, its a technical issue

No what happened was I went in and because it was nearly closing time she got someone to take a photocopy of my id and get my account details and she said she would put it in later (after the shop closes I presume). It didn't happen so she probably forgot. It's no big deal, just a bit of a pain is all.
    Also my verification lapses occasionally for a few hours and then is fine. Is there any way to get a recurring bundle? One that comes off when the last one finishes and doesn't need to be re-verified.

No what happened was I went in and because it was nearly closing time she got someone to take a photocopy of my id and get my account details and she said she would put it in later (after the shop closes I presume). It didn't happen so she probably forgot. It's no big deal, just a bit of a pain is all.
    Also my verification lapses occasionally for a few hours and then is fine. Is there any way to get a recurring bundle? One that comes off when the last one finishes and doesn't need to be re-verified.
    ah, yours is a bit different then.

i'd hope that if you buy a new add-on before the current one lapses you won't have to verify yourself again. having to wait 24 hours to be re-verified every month would piss me right off. i don't think you can get it to be recurring.

i'm posting this using my phone connected to my pc so that's something else that works :)

i'm posting this using my phone connected to my pc so that's something else that works :)

Do you mean using your phone as a modem?

Edit: I hate to ask what seems like a very stupid question but I just want to make sure before I piss myself with excitement. :D

Edit: I hate to ask what seems like a very stupid question but I just want to make sure before I piss myself with excitement. :D
    yes, piss away

not as stupid probably as this question: how do you use the phone as a modem? Connect the N95 (in my case) via cable to pc and what then?
    thanks.

• Advertisement

Theres an option on the pc suite "connect to the internet". When i selected 3ireland it didnt work but if you select manually configure and put in 3ireland.ie as the apn and leave everything else blank it should work

I'm not bothering my arse with opera mini, 3 are frustratingly crap to deal with.

tallus wrote:
    I'm not bothering my arse with opera mini, 3 are frustratingly crap to deal with.
    if you can't get opera mini to work then you still have the useless internet. tell them you want to speak to a member of the technical department. its how i got it sorted. they'll try to avoid transferring you but they can do it so insist

yes, piss away

I would be urinating myself as we speak but I got my account verified yesterday evening in the shop and it's still teling me I need to verify my age. :mad: Just my luck. Just as the internet add on gets reallly good I can't use it.

I would be urinating myself as we speak but I got my account verified yesterday evening in the shop and it's still teling me I need to verify my age. :mad: Just my luck. Just as the internet add on gets reallly good I can't use it.

AFAIK, age verification can take 48 hours to go through, even if the guy in the 3shop Henry St said that it would take 20 mins...Can we just go to the 3shop and get the account restarted so that the stupid proxy will be gone? Or do we have to call their customer care?

@ Commander: Did you just call 333 and entered choice 4 and then you asked them there to be transferred to technical support?

I was excited last night around mindnight that there was some kind of change going on. you know the way they update the system so you cannot access anything around midnight until about 20 mins later.. But after this, the stupid proxy was still there.. How long do you say it would take for a quite new account to be updated to not to use the proxy?

Every time I call the 333 cc, they just tell me "you were calling earlier today about the same problem".... And that the case has already been escalated to technical support or whatever they have done with it. I questioned if it had really been lifted up to that level, since they have told me that now for the last 48 hours. Seems as if the 333 cc knows more about things than the boldchat guys anyway, even if I guess they sit in the same business park in India...

Just curious: all of you who said that you have the 3pay working without proxy - did all of you have to call them and get the account restarted? Did any of the get it working automatically? How many of you had to be transferred to the tech dept before it started to work? Seems there are many different pathways to take to get it to work without spiderweb.net.....

@flodis, i advise you just wait until the technical department get back to you. I had to wait around 24 hours to get the age verification. I dont know exactly whats required to get rid of the proxy.

All i know is i rang them to get verified and later that evening, i saved google as a bookmark (you can get google without being verified) and it saved as iethree.widerweb.net/google.com. Then the net stopped working around 12 and when i saved google again the next morning it saved as just google.com. Then when the verification went through later that day all my applications worked :)

@flodis, i advise you just wait until the technical department get back to you. I had to wait around 24 hours to get the age verification. I dont know exactly whats required to get rid of the proxy.

All i know is i rang them to get verified and later that evening, i saved google as a bookmark (you can get google without being verified) and it saved as iethree.widerweb.net/google.com. Then the net stopped working around 12 and when i saved google again the next morning it saved as just google.com. Then when the verification went through later that day all my applications worked :)

Ah ok! Will do that! But before your age verification went through, could you still access sites boards (even if slow) and other things that should be age-protected? I can access many site that I *guess* would be age-protected, like siliconrepublic.com, paddypower.com etc, so does that mean that the age verification has gone through here, but that I still have to wait for the proxy to get abolished?

How long time after you've been in the shop with identification did you call them? Same evening?

flodis79 wrote:
    Ah ok! Will do that! But before your age verification went through, could you still access sites boards (even if slow) and other things that should be age-protected? I can access many site that I *guess* would be age-protected, like siliconrepublic.com, paddypower.com etc, so does that mean that the age verification has gone through here, but that I still have to wait for the proxy to get abolished?

If you attempt to access any age protected site you will get redirected to a page that tells you your account needs to be verified.

If you attempt to access any age protected site you will get redirected to a page that tells you your account needs to be verified.
    So yes, that answers my question, that I am verified, but still on proxy.

• Advertisement

flodis79 wrote:
    So yes, that answers my question, that I am verified, but still on proxy.

Yeah hopefully when my account eventually gets verified I'll be off that poxy proxy.

Advertisement