Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3pay- what will work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Yeah hopefully when my account eventually gets verified I'll be off that poxy proxy.

So we are in the same situation? You have been to the shop with identification, can go to any page, but still on proxy?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

flodis79 wrote:
    So we are in the same situation? You have been to the shop with identification, can go to any page, but still on proxy?

Nope. I went to get verified Monday evening and nothing happened (it still redirected to the age verification page) and I presumed they forgot to do it. I went in yesterday to get it verified and I still get redirected to the age verification page. If I go to google and save it as a bookmark it saves the widerweb crap in the url as well so I am still on the proxy but when my verification goes through I am hopeing that I will bypass the proxy likes Vimes does.

Edit: To sum up. I have been to get verified. I still can't access any site. I am still on the proxy.

To sum up. I have been to get verified. I still can't access any site. I am still on the proxy.

I see... Many different variations here... :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

flodis79 wrote:
    I see... Many different variations here... :(

Yeah it sucks but hopefully we'll get it sorted. Did you get your account verified before or after Vimes did?

Yeah it sucks but hopefully we'll get it sorted. Did you get your account verified before or after Vimes did?

I got it verified around 5pm Monday evening in Henry St. Bought the add-on around 10pm the same night and it seems as if it was unlocked to any site straight away. Not sure when Vimes got his verified?

I am just pondering all possibilities of what could have gone wrong? Should I have bought the add-on before I verified my age? Should I wait longer than a couple of hours after verifying before buying the bundle? Should I have called 333 every hour to find out what's going on? I just feel that because I am already age verified and still on proxy, could there be any more updates to do on the system?

• Advertisement

YAY!!!! It's all working now!! I really expected, if activated tonight, it should happen this midnight 00.10, but it happened before...So I am surfing away now. Hope everyone else who had problems with this, will get it to work ASAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I haven't used mobile bb for ages now but I got it again there and I have to get age verified again. I was hoping this only affected a select few but obviously not. So does this mean every time I get this add on I have to go to the store with my passport?

I haven't used mobile bb for ages now but I got it again there and I have to get age verified again. I was hoping this only affected a select few but obviously not. So does this mean every time I get this add on I have to go to the store with my passport?

Hopefully not. Can we not subscribe to a new add-on before the old one runs out and get cumulated, ie if you had 50 MB left on the old bundle and buy a new 250 MB one, you get totally 300 MB remaining? There should be no problem buying more than one bundle per month, but does anyone know whether we can have many at the same time?

The only way I can buy BB is when it has expired and it gives me the option of buying more. Whenever I go to the proper section that says "Buy Mobile Broadband" it says there's an authorisation failure. This sounds like I'm screwed.

EDIT: I was just on the phone to them there, I asked whether I'd have to go in with my passport everytime and the customer service person just said "You have to do that". To be honest I could hardly hear her so I just gave up but I intend to ring again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Good to hear its working for you flodis.

Btw, i didnt have to in into a store this time. I think they just accepted my word that i'd done it twice before. So at worst the bb will stop working for one day a month as the verification is added again. I hope

• Advertisement

I just rang 3 there and was told that because of whatever the technical team did i wont have to verify myself again. He sounded very confident but he is from 3 so take it with a pinch of salt

And for people wondering about monitoring your usage, apparently it'll cut you off once you reach your limit so your credit won't just disappear.

They're supposedly working on a system to monitor it so we can expect it some time in 2011

OK I finally got my age verification sorted. :) How are all those wonderful apps and unproxied internet I hear you cry. Well the answer is I don't know because I'm still on the bleedin' proxy. :(

And for people wondering about monitoring your usage, apparently it'll cut you off once you reach your limit so your credit won't just disappear.

They're supposedly working on a system to monitor it so we can expect it some time in 2011

I'd say 1 January 2012.

OK I finally got my age verification sorted. :) How are all those wonderful apps and unproxied internet I hear you cry. Well the answer is I don't know because I'm still on the bleedin' proxy. :(

Give it up to 48 hours. I had to wait from Monday 6pm to Wednesday 7pm before it worked.. Very peculiar system they use, but hey, it's Three after all.

I just rang 3 there and was told that because of whatever the technical team did i wont have to verify myself again. He sounded very confident but he is from 3 so take it with a pinch of salt

You mean what they did to your account, or general upgrade on the system? Is it just you who won't have to verify yourself again?

I was also just chatting with Boldchat guys, and the guy whose name starts with D said that you will not get a warning messages, you will just have to pay 49c per exceeded MB. Also, the usage monitor over telephone (333) is backdated 72 hours. I also asked if I can buy another mobile BB bundle before 30 days are gone, and got the answer no. Even though 333 and the 3store has said yes to that before. :confused:

flodis79 wrote:
    You mean what they did to your account, or general upgrade on the system? Is it just you who won't have to verify yourself again?

I was also just chatting with Boldchat guys, and the guy whose name starts with D said that you will not get a warning messages, you will just have to pay 49c per exceeded MB. Also, the usage monitor over telephone (333) is backdated 72 hours. I also asked if I can buy another mobile BB bundle before 30 days are gone, and got the answer no. Even though 333 and the 3store has said yes to that before. :confused:

Every time my budle has ran out it always redirects me to a page telling me I need to purchase a new bundle. I've always ran out of time though.

Every time my budle has ran out it always redirects me to a page telling me I need to purchase a new bundle. I've always ran out of time though.

So it does not let you continue to browse?

Could someone perhaps confirm that they have successfully been able to buy two bundles the same month?

flodis79 wrote:
    So it does not let you continue to browse?

Nope it keeps redirecting me to the buy mobile broadband page. I'd imagine it'd do the same if you went over the 100mb.

Edit: Sorry misread your question. Yes it stops me from browsing the internet except for the 3 approved sites e.g. google.
    flodis79 wrote:

Could someone perhaps confirm that they have successfully been able to buy two bundles the same month?

I tried yesterday evening for the craic (very exciting life I lead) and it just kept saying that the browser couldn't go to that page and that I should return to the previous page and try another link or something like that.

I tried yesterday evening for the craic (very exciting life I lead) and it just kept saying that the browser couldn't go to that page and that I should return to the previous page and try another link or something like that.

TBH I tried it too... Got authorization failure, please call 333. But perhaps if you run out early in the month, that text will be gone. Really hope that they won't block you from buying more MB's until one month has passed. At least what the guy in 3store said was, think of the add-ons as topup credit, ie you can topup more MB's as often as you like, but with the difference that you have to use the MB's you have on your account, before you can go on purchasing more.

• Advertisement

flodis79 wrote:
    Give it up to 48 hours. I had to wait from Monday 6pm to Wednesday 7pm before it worked.. Very peculiar system they use, but hey, it's Three after all.

Just wondering on this. Is the proxy gone for you? Can you use apps and all that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I got onto them re: the proxy last night twice and got no help at all. Useless pack of ****.

@flodis, if what the agent was telling me was right then its just me who won't have to verify again. The tech team did something to my account that means i won't have to. Supposedly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Great news that the 3pay internet can now be unproxied, just what I was waiting for! I was even considering going to bill pay but I hope this won't be needed. I might get a 3pay phone just to check it out (wish they would sell SIM cards).

Just a question before I buy one: Is it also possible to get the unlimited internet add-on on 3pay? (the 19,99 one). I tried finding this out on the 3 website but it's very unclear on this.

Great news that the 3pay internet can now be unproxied, just what I was waiting for! I was even considering going to bill pay but I hope this won't be needed. I might get a 3pay phone just to check it out (wish they would sell SIM cards).

Just a question before I buy one: Is it also possible to get the unlimited internet add-on on 3pay? (the 19,99 one). I tried finding this out on the 3 website but it's very unclear on this.

Yep but it has a limit. I believe it's 2GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Yep but it has a limit. I believe it's 2GB.

Thanks!! I'll try it then. 2GB is fine for me though :) I can easily use up 100MB or 250MB but 2GB should be plenty. And it being prepay means no nasty surprises afterwards if I do go over the limit (short of maybe losing whatever credit I have).

Ok, three phone calls to 3 tech support later, the guy said he was getting onto another dept re my account and a few provisions that had to be made, he didnt' tell me what they were but did say that the problem will be solved within 24 hours.
    /me touches wood.
    I also enquired about the broadband addon and having to register age details again after the 30 days was up and he contacted the relevant dept and said that age registration only had to be performed once in the 3 shop.
    So now I wait.....................

I actually went into the 3 store today because I was getting no help on the phone and they solved the problem right away.

They said nobody should have to verify more than once, that the reason it was asking me to age verify was because my bookmarks were somehow relating it to a time that I wasn't verified (despite me obviously not having used the internet before that seeing as it's impossible). They said do a google search for a site and enter it and sure enough it worked!

They didn't do anything to the account, just told me to delete the bookmarks (though that hasn't made a difference, I still get the age verification message if I enter some addresses directly).

Sadly, there is still a poxy proxy :mad: The only reason I bought the add on was because I thought it was gone.

I'm hoping my proxy will be gone by tomorrow.

• Advertisement

@flodis, if what the agent was telling me was right then its just me who won't have to verify again. The tech team did something to my account that means i won't have to. Supposedly
    Yeah I think so! They "escalated" it to tech dept.

Advertisement