Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3pay- what will work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

tallus wrote:
    I'm hoping my proxy will be gone by tomorrow.
    Hopefully at 00.10 am... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I actually went into the 3 store today because I was getting no help on the phone and they solved the problem right away.

They said nobody should have to verify more than once, that the reason it was asking me to age verify was because my bookmarks were somehow relating it to a time that I wasn't verified (despite me obviously not having used the internet before that seeing as it's impossible). They said do a google search for a site and enter it and sure enough it worked!

They didn't do anything to the account, just told me to delete the bookmarks (though that hasn't made a difference, I still get the age verification message if I enter some addresses directly).

Sadly, there is still a poxy proxy :mad: The only reason I bought the add on was because I thought it was gone.
    some sites will work while not verified. what they said about the bookmarks is a load of crap tbh. if you ever get the verification message it means you're not verified.

and the fact that you still have a proxy means they haven't set you up properly. insist that they get the technical team involved because they don't know a thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

flodis79 wrote:
    Hopefully at 00.10 am... :)
    /me touches wood :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

some sites will work while not verified. what they said about the bookmarks is a load of crap tbh. if you ever get the verification message it means you're not verified.

and the fact that you still have a proxy means they haven't set you up properly. insist that they get the technical team involved because they don't know a thing

Well the verification message comes up when I try to even go to something like bebo, (which I had bookmarked) but when I go through google it lets me access it. It's strange.

EDIT: Actually, for the last few hours I keep getting a message saying "Something is wrong with the page you tried to access. Choose another link". Is anybody else having this problem?

So is the only way to get rid of this damn proxy to contact them again? I was hoping they're just updating accounts each night. Do they still deny the existence of this proxy?

Hustler: It looks like you're going to have to get the thing escalated to teh tech dept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Well the verification message comes up when I try to even go to something like bebo, (which I had bookmarked) but when I go through google it lets me access it. It's strange.

EDIT: Actually, for the last few hours I keep getting a message saying "Something is wrong with the page you tried to access. Choose another link". Is anybody else having this problem?

So is the only way to get rid of this damn proxy to contact them again? I was hoping they're just updating accounts each night. Do they still deny the existence of this proxy?

Your bookmarks will have saved the old proxy link instead of the direct link. Delete the bookmarks and resave them again.

Sadly I tried that and keep getting that message "Something is wrong with the page you tried to access. Choose another link" (but I still have the proxy anyway). Nothing is working now.

Thanks anyway.

Mine finally got sorted out from about 5 this afternoon everything magically started to work.
    Sweetness :)

tallus wrote:
    Mine finally got sorted out from about 5 this afternoon everything magically started to work.

Great! I'm happy to hear that it's finally working now. Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

my first months access ended today and i was informed when i tried to access the net - so no way to start paying 49cent a meg just subscribe again- no age verification prob btw. Sending this from my rather excellent n95!

• Advertisement

my first months access ended today and i was informed when i tried to access the net - so no way to start paying 49cent a meg just subscribe again- no age verification prob btw. Sending this from my rather excellent n95!

Yeah way to go, 3! Opera Mini 4.0 is just great.. Loads fast and the page overview thingy where you zoom in to chosen part of the page is just superb.. Now I am just waiting for 3 to release Live Messenger for Nokia 6151..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

tallus wrote:

Mine still has this blasted proxy. :(

flodis79 wrote:
    Great! I'm happy to hear that it's finally working now. Enjoy! :)
    Cheers :))))))))))

Mine still has this blasted proxy. :(
    Send them an email from the site, call them repeatedly, and complain like hell, worked for me. I complained that I couldn't get java apps to work and generally pissed and moaned about how I wasn't happy with the customer service. They called me back this afternoon and apologised and within an hour the problem just disappeared.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

tallus wrote:
    Send them an email from the site, call them repeatedly, and complain like hell, worked for me. I complained that I couldn't get java apps to work and generally pissed and moaned about how I wasn't happy with the customer service. They called me back this afternoon and apologised and within an hour the problem just disappeared.

Did you complain about the proxy or did you even mention it.

Did you complain about the proxy or did you even mention it.
    Many times yes.

tallus wrote:
    Many times yes.

I must give them a ring in the morning and b!tch to them. Did you ask them to get one of the techies like Vimes or did you deal with the normal CS guys.

The normal customer service couldn't solve the java thing, I had mentioned the proxy too continuously but they seemed to be more worried about the java and it got me onto the tech support. I told them that when I tried to connect the gmail java client that it kept telling me that I needed a data connection. That was the clincher. I also asked why I was seeing "3ireland.widerweb.net in anything i added to my bookmarks, and that I know people who got onto 3 tech support and had the problem rectified and no longer had the proxy.

tallus wrote:
    The normal customer service couldn't solve the java thing, I had mentioned the proxy too continuously but they seemed to be more worried about the java and it got me onto the tech support. I told them that when I tried to connect the gmail java client that it kept telling me that I needed a data connection. That was the clincher. I also asked why I was seeing "3ireland.widerweb.net in anything i added to my bookmarks, and that I know people who got onto 3 tech support and had the problem rectified and no longer had the proxy.

Cheers mate. Hopefully I won't be behind this proxy much longer. Any other info that may help me out.

Cheers mate. Hopefully I won't be behind this proxy much longer. Any other info that may help me out.
    Just keep at them dude, I sent a mail from the site too yesterday and got a call back today and within a short time the proxy had disappeared. I think they must be leaving it there until people get on to them about it. Whatever had to be done to my account wasn't done by the tecchie guys, but they did pass it on to the relevant department. I wasn't told what "provision" had to be made but tbh I didn't give a toss as long as they fixed the problem I was having. ALL of my java stuff is working now IE: Gmail java client, Opera Mini, and Aft.
    Best of luck with it dude, it's worth the few phone calls tbh. Totally happy with mine now.

• Advertisement

tallus wrote:
    Just keep at them dude, I sent a mail from the site too yesterday and got a call back today and within a short time the proxy had disappeared. I think they must be leaving it there until people get on to them about it. Whatever had to be done to my account wasn't done by the tecchie guys, but they did pass it on to the relevant department. I wasn't told what "provision" had to be made but tbh I didn't give a toss as long as they fixed the problem I was having. ALL of my java stuff is working now IE: Gmail java client, Opera Mini, and Aft.
    Best of luck with it dude, it's worth the few phone calls tbh. Totally happy with mine now.

I can't wait to get it working properly. I take it you can use your phone as a modem.

I can't wait to get it working properly. I take it you can use your phone as a modem.
    Nope I dont use it as a modem but it's great to have stuff working on it. I dont have a laptop, ipaq, ... too poor :p it's just nice to have the stuff that was previously restricted working now.

tallus wrote:
    Nope I dont use it as a modem but it's great to have stuff working on it. I dont have a laptop, ipaq, ... too poor :p it's just nice to have the stuff that was previously restricted working now.

Yeah, I can't wait to get them all working as well.

Yeah, I can't wait to get them all working as well.
    I kept saying to them that people I spoke to on the "net" had gotten the proxy removed and everything worked after that.

Sadly I tried that and keep getting that message "Something is wrong with the page you tried to access. Choose another link" (but I still have the proxy anyway). Nothing is working now.

Thanks anyway.

Found out this was because while I was trying to get the internet working properly, I turned off cookies. This stopped the internet working completely!

Of course nobody from 3 got back to me about that.

Update: I got on to an operator on the site about the age verification thing. He was throwing out the generic suggestion of switching off the phone but eventually he checked my account (after me getting disconnected, is that him doing that? It happened twice!) and said the usual "your profile hasn't been updated, it will be fixed within the next 24-48 hours".

Then I approached him with the proxy issue. I said

"When I use broadband everything goes through a proxy called 3ireland.widerweb.net that stops lots of java applications from working. I have spoken to people on the internet about it and they said that you can escalate that problem to the technical department too and they can get rid of the proxy. Lots of your customers are very happy that the proxy is gone. When my profile is updated will that be fixed too?"

He said he would definitely escalate that too but he could well have not had a clue what I was talking about because he didn't enter into a discussion of what a proxy was or anything. I don't think I should have just laid it all out like that, I should have made sure he knew what needed to be done but here's hoping it will be sorted.

Update: I got on to an operator on the site about the age verification thing. He was throwing out the generic suggestion of switching off the phone but eventually he checked my account (after me getting disconnected, is that him doing that? It happened twice!) and said the usual "your profile hasn't been updated, it will be fixed within the next 24-48 hours".

Then I approached him with the proxy issue. I said

"When I use broadband everything goes through a proxy called 3ireland.widerweb.net that stops lots of java applications from working. I have spoken to people on the internet about it and they said that you can escalate that problem to the technical department too and they can get rid of the proxy. Lots of your customers are very happy that the proxy is gone. When my profile is updated will that be fixed too?"

He said he would definitely escalate that too but he could well have not had a clue what I was talking about because he didn't enter into a discussion of what a proxy was or anything. I don't think I should have just laid it all out like that, I should have made sure he knew what needed to be done but here's hoping it will be sorted.
    That's more or less what I said, Hustler, so touch wood it's going to be sorted soon.
    I wonder how almighty cushion got on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Because of the good news regarding the removability of the proxy I've also purchased a 3pay phone. I purchased it on friday and put the unlimited internet add-on on it right away, and did the age verification in-store on saturday. The girl in the store did it on the PC right away and said that it was done and it should all work in 2 hours. However, today I was still getting the age verification message until this afternoon (and nothing working except the browser).

However now I'm getting the message (when accessing any page): "Service Interruption: Sorry, this product is temporarily unavailable while essential maintenance is taking place. Please try again soon".

Strange, so... I haven't got on to 333 regarding the removal of the proxy, I thought I'd await the age verification first. But this new message is pretty strange, anyone else getting this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

working fine here.

• Advertisement

working fine here.

Can second that.

Advertisement