Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Commercial jeep vs mondeo fuel difference

Options
  • 25-07-2007 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

silly probably
    i have 2001 mondeo tddi, love it but gonna change it for a commercial jeep
    i have my eyes set on a pajero did 3.2 swb
    apparently the fuel usage in big jeeps isnt that bad cause all the low down power means v little revving needed to move and no passenger seats to lug around

please prove this wrong or back it up
    i only get like 30odd mpg in the mondeo but if anyone has similar car that theyve changed for jeep i would like to hear from you

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Bless....

If you're only getting 30mpg then I presume you're doing a lot of city driving.
    My brother had a Pajero Sport commercial 3.2l TD (same engine, longer body) and was only getting 26mpg with mostly out of town driving. You'd probably see sub 20mpg with your driving. Diesel engines are efficient, but jeeps have the aerodynamics of a brick, weigh a lot more than a car, and have less efficient 4 wheel drive, which more than offsets the gains. I've driven the Pajero and to be honest it's very un-car like. It's very much like driving a big van, which isn't how I'd like to spend a couple of hours (or more) each day. 4x4s have their uses, but the commute to work or the school run aren't what they're built for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I spent most of last year driving a Pajero Sport 2.5 commercial. Mixed driving (25 miles motorway, 10 miles urban) I was getting about 550km from a tank (75litres), if traffic was good then it possibly got to around 600km but meant I was filling the tank every 5 days.

I used to do the same journey in a Mondeo 2.0Tddi 115 and would get 550 - 500 MILES from the 55 litre tank.

Not sure if the 3.2 SWB Pajero is more fuel efficient than the old 2.5 in the Pajero Sport, probably is a bit but not much. Only reason I got the Pajero Sport was because I had a fully expensed fuel card.

Advertisement