Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yousef at Spirit

• 25-07-2007 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭

Yo, I was at this gig a few weeks back. Both Arvenne and Yousef played wicked sets.
    Good track selection, smooth mixing, good direction in the sets.
    Arveene was using CDs and played mainly electro but was dropping in some eclectic tunes - at one stage he threw in Primal Scream Rocks.
    Yousef played more progressive stuff and was beat tight with the mixing.
    Yousef was probably more studio standard in his mixing, I think Arveene was free styling a bit more but was still excellant.

The crowd seemed a bit weird. I got the impression for most of them, a CD may as well have been on. They weren't really following the DJ.

Is this the way clubbing is now? I'm old 32 so most of my clubbing was done 10+ years ago. People used to follow the DJ and about 20% of the crowd would know most of the records the DJ was playing and have some concept of mixing etc.

Explain to me what goes on in 2007. Cheers

Advertisement