Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi L200

Options
  • 25-07-2007 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a friend of mine looking at these, looking at spending tops 15k, I was just wondering if anyone here has owned one, and if so how did they find them, any owner niggles I should look out for on them??

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I've heard anecdotally they give brake problems and know from first-hand experience that turning circle is...cumbersome to say the least.
    I chose a Navara, thought it was much nicer to drive but that's just my personal opinion - I ain't no expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

The lock on the front wheels is RUBBISH. you would need at least 2 acres to turn it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

We had major problems with our L200 luckily it was under warranty. It was only one year old when it started giving problems. And yes the lock on the wheel is terrible. Will never get a L200 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I have no first hand experience but have heard they have pretty uncomfortable ride. The rear leg room in the double crew cab version is supposed to be very restrictive too.

The Nissan Navara might be a good alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

If the L200 is such a bad choice, what's a much better option? Land cruiser? Navara? Or are there any other crocks to steer clear of, like the Freelander?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ta2kev

As far a crew cabs go, the Navara and Hilux are the pick of the bunch. All those crew cabs in general are bouncy and uncomfortable on the road, this is due to the leaf spring suspension on the back end instead of regular shocks. The question to ask is, does he need a crew cab for it's 4x4 capabilities, or for the extra seats. If he doesn't need the extra seats, go for something like a Land Cruiser or a Pajero. If he needs the extra seats, but not the 4x4 bit, he should have a look at a Kia Sedona Crew Cab, 5 comfortable seats, plenty of rear leg room and large rear load space.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

15k? Jeez, my friend is lookin for 12k for his and I know he'd take less :eek:

I've driven it for a few miles before pulling a trailer, didn't notice anything special about it. Not uncomfortable but couldn't give you a proper breakdown. PM me if you want his number, it's green and silver, with the hatch for the pickup, towbar etc. Think there's over 100k on the clock though (dont ask me if its miles or KM's)

-Edit- It's a 2002

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Our company had one, it gave alot of trouble after two years, including new radior and blown head gasket.

We switched it for a Navara this year, will see how that goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

We had the same problem as Prospect had with their L200 except ours started giving us trouble after a year.

Advertisement