Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on new build appreciated

Options
  • 25-07-2007 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

I was planning to build a pc with a htpc case but am now thinking about just getting a tower instead and placing out of sight but still very accessible (and getting a longer vga cable and optical cable to connect to tv and sound system). Want to build a media storage/media encoder pc/watching hdtv and made a list of stuff to get (might overclock down the line). 8T8 pointed me in the direction of some of the parts. Atm I have these on my list (plan to get as much as possible/all from hardwareversand.de)

ATX-Netzt.Seasonic M12-500 80Plus, 500Watt

Antec P182 (only thing so far not on hardwareversand)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 boxed, 8192Kb, LGA775, 64bit, Kentsfield

2048MB DDR2 Corsair TwinX XMS2 CL 5, PC6400/800

Samsung HD501LJ 500GB 7200,16 MB Cache

Cooler ?

Fans ?

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit SB-Version OEM

ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP, Sockel 775, ATX ( any future proofish motherboard with optical out and plenty of sata connections will do fine, so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be great)

And i'll be adding a pioneer dvd burner, 3 more samsung 500gb HD's and an 8500gt.

Any recommedations/costcutting appreciated!

Advertisement